Space Exploration

1. aoiffe379 profile image60
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

Do you believe that space exploration impacts natural phenomenon like the weather?

I have noticed that just prior to a space launch the weather is unusual. There has been flooding and earthquakes as well as tornadoes. In my region earthquakes were unheard of in my lifetime. It happened in other places but not so close to home.Tornadoes in my region are associated with hurricanes; and the season stats on June 1,2010. But two tornadoes within minutes of each other appeared,cost damage and resulted in three deaths.

Yesterday I found out about an earthquake in Baja, California. Well, California earthquakes are no surprise because of San Andreas Fault.I remember a game in Candlestick Park that was never played because it was interrupted by an earthquake. I was watching  for the game. When I looked at the history of earthquakes over the past 30 days, it was mind boggling.

Then, I discovered that a space shuttle was launched in the early hours. The afternoon launch was scratched. Coincidentally, the space craft that burned on the launch pad and horrified viewers had been delayed because of the weather - if I remember correctly.

I could go on but I would like to know if any other hubber has linked space exploration and 'strange' weather.What do you think of commercial space exploration after NASA ends its program in 2020?

1. Falsor Wing profile image86
      Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The reason shuttle launches often have weather problems is that Kennedy space center was built in the one of the worst possible parts of the united states everything will be delayed because of bad weather. the weather was perfect when Challenger exploded and Columbia was barely in the atmosphere. No there isn't a link between space exploration and strange weather.

2. Obscurely Diverse profile image60
      Obscurely Diverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No.  I can see no reason why it would effect weather on a global scale.  The weather on Earth is simply erratic; plain & simple...