jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Why does the grass grow...

1. Beelzedad profile image60
    Beelzedadposted 6 years ago

... so much taller and fuller under a trampoline?  smile

1. jrich1936 profile image61
      jrich1936posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol maybe shade is the real key to plant growth

2. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Because you forgot to mow it last week?  lol

2. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 6 years ago

I don't know.
    Why? hmm

Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure. All I know is that each time I move the trampoline to cut the lawn, it's grown twice as high in that spot. I can only figure that the grass is getting filtered light and is trying extra hard to reach it.

John Deere does make short work of it all though. It's not about cutting the lawn, it's about driving a tractor. smile

1. 0
        crmhaskeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Some grass grows better in the shade.  If you've seeded your own lawn it's possible you seeded it with grass that was engineered to grow better in the shade.

Also, the mat lets some sunlight in, which enables the grass to grow, but the mat also protects the area from the full drying effect of the sun so it takes longer for water to dry up etc.

3. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

blocked from the hot sun drying its roots of water and nutrients, plus my tractor won't go under there? LOL

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

Does your dog like to get under the tramploine? wink

Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And the bunnies.

I put a jet spray under it pointing up so that water could shoot through, kids loved it. Then, in a real move of moronity, I added some soap to the spray and it turned into a bubble fest.

Yahhhhh!!!   ... yelled all the kids.

The grass didn't grow at all under the trampoline for a long time afterward.  smile

5. manlypoetryman profile image70
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

Yeah...and why is it that it will try to grow runners over the concrete sidewalk...but not over a bald spot in the lawn?

6. 68
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

I don't know, but I've heard it's greener on the other side of the fence! smile

7. Wayne Tilden profile image60
    Wayne Tildenposted 6 years ago

What is the real cause of the difference in the height of the grass under the trampoline?:

A) The amount of activity on the trampoline "overhead."
    B) The difference in the foot traffic "underneath."
    C) None of the above.

(Don't worry. You will not be graded on this. We still don't know the right answer!)