jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Memory of the Universe

1. TruthDebater profile image60
    TruthDebaterposted 6 years ago

This question may be a stretch, but does our planet and universe display some type of memory? It seems that if all masses are built of the same chemical make-up and repeated patterns, how would there be repetition or balance without some sort of memory?

1. hello dave profile image85
      hello daveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well I don't think the universe made a conscious choice of the matter to create etc.. The repetition of certain compounds and elements is to do with the whole way in which chemistry works and the processes which happened during the big bang. Perhaps I am not understanding correctly.

TruthDebaterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hello dave, I am trying to figure out how memory is created from a universe with no memory.

2. TruthDebater profile image60
    TruthDebaterposted 6 years ago

Is this not odd to anyone else?

3. Lady Rose profile image73
    Lady Roseposted 6 years ago

Some people believe that the rings of saturn are like a giant recording Cd with the data of the solar system. Talk about memory.
    This is one of my favorite passages when i think about the Universe.
    "Heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament showeth His handywork. day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night showeth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."   Sounds like a lot of communication and memory right there.

TruthDebaterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hello Lady, this is theoretical, so there are no right or wrongs, thanks for your ideas. What observable evidence is there besides living things that shows it has memory. For example, what is the evidence or idea leading anyone to believe the rings of Saturn do this?

working