jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

3.5 million year old hominid found

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

It appears as though our distant ancestors could walk before growing a large brain pan.

"This new skeleton shows a fully running and walking biped, with most of the adaptations we have"

http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100621/ … 05.html#B1

Interesting - and old. big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image91
      Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is very interesting!  But the world is only 6000 years old, Mark, who are you trying to fool?  No need to answer, they'll probably be along shortly!  LOL!

1. pisean282311 profile image55
        pisean282311posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Big Man is the third new report of hominid remains in less than a year, which together throw light on hominid development from 4.4 to 1.9 million years ago

wow interesting...

1. Rishy Rich profile image77
          Rishy Richposted 7 years ago in reply to this

But if Jesus is the alpha & omega then how come this half monkey - half human came before him? roll

1. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Simple!  Big Man is the alpha; the omega came later in "Lucy".  Alpha and Omega was the union, and in between was a special parthenogenesis.
            lol

2. getitrite profile image78
        getitriteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yep.  Satan put those fossils there to trick humans into believing that God didn't create the earth 6000 years ago.  That Satan is up to his same old deception.  He is such a trickster. lol lol lol!!!

2. Evan G Rogers profile image79
    Evan G Rogersposted 7 years ago

I wanted to remind everyone of how "science" works, and point out that this isn't just "another fossil", but that this was another TEST that evolution was put through.

The #1 most uber important part of the Scientific Method is peer review, and the repeated testing that goes along with it.

That being said ANY time a new fossil is found, it is a test that could disprove evolution. All we'd need to do to disprove evolution is find a single (well, probably a few more than a single, at this stage) fossil out of place chronologically or just in the wrong place of the world.

Being that this new fossil fit COMPLETELY and in EVERY way with the evolutionary theory... is evolution a fact?

Not yet! It will never be a fact: just like all theories, it can only ever be a theory; a theory is merely a hypothesis that has yet to be shown incorrect. Just like the theory of gravity, the theory of thermodynamics, the theory of relativity, the atomic theory, the germ theory, and every other theory out there, evolution is forever doomed to be "only" a theory. These theories have been thrown through "Meat Grinder"-like testing, and have yet to be shown incorrect.

(being a theory, in science, is big stuff!)

This fossil further reinforced the theory of evolution by simply not being in the wrong area or time.

Good job, Darwin!

3. jondav profile image63
    jondavposted 7 years ago

I'm glad they found that, i've been looking for my mum for ages.

4. Greek One profile image78
    Greek Oneposted 7 years ago

homonid??

doesn that mean he was gay?

Dude its Hominid! I know you would be disappointed but we are not talking about Greek Love here! roll

1. Greek One profile image78
        Greek Oneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

back in the day, when the females looked like this, what did it matter who you slept with??

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/411563005_4592313397.jpg

Well back in those days, the ape males looked like this & Im pretty sure most of them were happy to sleep with those female apes

http://www.dicksmithmake-up.com/images/ape_man_775.jpg

But Im not sure abt the Greek male apes, I think u know that better wink

at that time, Greek males were inveting democracy, science, math etc.. so they didnt have time to worry about sexual matters tongue

as well as Greek Love smile

that just started out as a study in geometery

5. theirishobserver. profile image58
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

Mark - excellent story - just read it - I wonder could some of our political leaders be closer relatives to the new discovery than previously thought smile

working