jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What is the most important archaeological find?

1. ironking profile image61
    ironkingposted 6 years ago

yes..What do you think is the most important archaeological find? why?

1. Mr,Motivated profile image60
      Mr,Motivatedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I studied Archaeology in college, and i think the most importand find is the Rosseta Stone, because its the key to decephering the finds that have been found in excavations throughout egypt.

The tombs where the pharoes where buried, were important too, but with out the Rosetta stone, we wouldnt know what the inscriptions on the tombs say.

From Mr, Motivated
      Thanx for stopping by.

2. leeberttea profile image60
      leebertteaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Once while digging in my yard I found a rusty coffee can with five dollars in coins in it!

3. MayaMex profile image61
      MayaMexposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Every find is important. It is a piece of a puzzle and without it, the big picture will be incomplete.

2. Shealy Healy profile image59
    Shealy Healyposted 6 years ago

3. Greek One profile image82
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

I think it was when Taylor found the Statue of Liberty following his escape from the clutches of Dr. Zaius

1. CMHypno profile image90
      CMHypnoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that it will be in 2,000 years time when they find Greek One's tomb and copies of all his hubs and forum thoughts.

That's when the next big new religion will start!!!! smile

4. Divok profile image83
    Divokposted 5 years ago

On a more serious note.. I think it has to be the skull of Homo-Africanus (cant remember its scientific name off the top of my head). This is now our oldest deffinate ancestor, dating back hundreds of thousends of years. It is where we all came from.

If anyone wants to know more about where we came from, I wrote a hub called "who do you think you are?" about it. smile

5. Harry Santos profile image69
    Harry Santosposted 5 years ago

Didn't they find like some sort of devices or designs of devices that attempted to have perpetual motion that was created by old civilization people? O: that might be important O: