jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

The Most Successful Historical Conquerors?

1. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 6 years ago

I was talking with a friend a few days ago, and it was an interesting conversation. Basically, I mentioned that Alexander the Great was probably the #1 known historic conqueror due to him winning so many battles, and his kingdom encompassing so much land in such short amount of time.

What's your thoughts? Anyone stick out in your mind?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The US: Suck it Mexico, Every native american tribe, Japan, Germany, all the countries in "Confessions of an economic hit man", and all the countries tied to the Dollar!!

We have military bases in over 130 countries.

And we could eradicate countries with the stroke of a "it's our solemn duty to bring freedom to *random country X*" propaganda campaign.

The US is the best conqueror, because no matter how much it conquers, the people still think they're in charge.

2. Sab Oh profile image60
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

Kublai Khan

3. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Well, I think his Dad, Genghis Khan did a good job too.

1. Sab Oh profile image60
      Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A successful family business

4. Sunny_S profile image61
    Sunny_Sposted 6 years ago

5. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

any woman! smile

1. Sunny_S profile image61
      Sunny_Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

kinda true...

6. TruthDebater profile image61
    TruthDebaterposted 6 years ago

The bible.

7. Tusitala Tom profile image88
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

The invention of the printing press, followed by education of the masses enabled the written word to 'conquer' so much ignorance.   The Internet is taking this a lot further, of course.  That said, until each human being is able to bring his or her mind under the control of his Real Self, 'conquoring' as a way of imposing one's ego will on another, will continue to flourish.