jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

The Lack of Learning Culture in South African Primary Schools

1. Maljan profile image60
    Maljanposted 6 years ago

I am a primary school teacher in South Africa and during the last few years I noticed that our standard of education is taking a dive because of a lack of learning and interest in performing. I intents to do some research on the topic, (reasons and possible fixes), and then to publish an E - Article on the subject. Perhaps it can aid and motivate other teachers in my county.

If you can in any way contribute to the subject please do so.
    I shall acknowledge your cortribution in my report and also send you a copy of the final product.
    Please send your comments to the following email adress:

gsmalan@yahoo.com

1. I_Write profile image60
      I_Writeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you read that they are phasing OBE out and replacing it.I am not sure if this effects primary school level but this could see a great turn around in attitude towards the education system in all areas.All the best with your article it sounds like it could make a difference.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image91
        Anti-Valentineposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I always heard and believed that OBE, or Outcomes Based Education, was one of the biggest mistakes to ever befall the education system in SA. Good riddance to it.

2. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

"I am a primary school teacher in South Africa and during the last few years I noticed that our standard of education is taking a dive because of a lack of learning and interest in performing."

Really? How interesting.

working