jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Fall is coming -- My favorite season!

1. wildorangeflower profile image62
    wildorangeflowerposted 6 years ago

Suddenly I am thinking of fall -- it is hot, and I am anticipating the fall season.
    Fall or autumn is nearly here and it is my favorite time of the year, the foliage, falling of the leaves, the orange color is just beautiful -- fall is also one of photographers favorite season.
    What is your favorite season of the year and why? Mine is fall, spring, then summer and winter in that order!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All seasons have their beauty. I grew up in S. California where there were 'no' seasons, so -- though I love warm weather, I  now appreciate having all of the beautiful changes.

wildorangeflowerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

that's good, never been to S California, you've got to see the four seasons now, I grew up in Asia and we've got tropical climate, we have the dry and the wet season

2. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I like fall the best cause its not to hot or cold usually. I am not a big fan of summer or winter. Winter is not terrilbe, but last years snow fall sucked. Fall is my favorite.

Mine are Fall,Spring,Summer, and then winter.

The hunting season also begins in the fall...

that's wondeful, we have the same preferences for the seasons. Do you go hunting too?

2. thougtforce profile image87
    thougtforceposted 6 years ago

I love living in a climate with seasons, and at least three of the seasons have their own advantages. I exclude vinter, because i cant find anything positive about winter. For me, winter is a only a time to pass through. If I have to choose  one of the other as favorite season it must be fall. Everything slows down a little after the hectic summer when you are supposed to do everything in a short time! Then comes spring and summer.

we both like fall, children goes to school, football season starts -- foliage -- Halloween, Thanksgiving are all part of it

3. elayne001 profile image47
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

In Hawaii we only have two seasons, dry and wet season. I do miss fall where I grew up with all the pretty fall colors. Also, I miss spring, but I do not really miss winter that much. Now I have gotten used to having only two seasons, the cold does not agree with me the older I get. Take plenty pictures of the autumn leaves.

4. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I live in Orlando Florida where there are no seasons. Yet I love fall here for different reasons.

It gets down to the 70's to low 80's which is perfect for me. The rain stops, and the tourist are gone. So I can go to all the theme parks and have fun.

I really look forward to going to the new Harry Potter land in the fall and seeing it without the crowds. Plus the bugs disappear which makes jogging more fun!

I'm originally from Vermont which has beautiful falls. I always go up at the peak of foliage season for two weeks. But then I run back as it's too cold up there for me! smile