jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

The internal human apparatus

1. wingedcentaur profile image85
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

What is imagination? We have it. We use it everyday. But can we say what it is?

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The imagination is an intuitive collection of all knowledge and wisdom, learned and discerned, from the existing reality of experienced life.

It provides the path way for advanced thinking and is the foundation for the creation of everything real.

At least, that's how I discern your question.

2. Ohma profile image75
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Imagination in my opinion is the ability to see or envision what does not exist but what could.

1. tthudium profile image60
      tthudiumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not just what could just exist, but what would be dreamed of. Anything that you can think of. This is imagination. Anything that doesn't already exist. Even though this is a very hard term to understand, everyone uses this ability every day.

2. wingedcentaur profile image85
      wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good Day Ohma and tthudium

That is a very good response. You know, it may be that the question isn't as challenging as I thought it would be. Either that, or it is a case of incredible serendipity that two very insightful people happened to answer this question first. I mean you, Ohma and tthudium.

Those are very useful ways of thinking about it. Since it would be unseemingly to close this thread down after only two responses, let me ask you both this:

Ohma, you said that imagination is the ability to envision what does not exist but what could. Excellent! Tell me, please: How is "what could" formulated, do you think? Sorry to be a pain, but I have to ask something. big_smile

tthudium, you said that imagination is not only the ability to envision "what could just exist, but what would be dreamed of." So imagination is the ability to envision what could exist (but doesn't now) as well as what could be dreamed of? What is dreaming, then?

1. sofs profile image85
        sofsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Imagination is winged vehicle for dreams and desire of things that be not,  but so real to the one that flies in it.
        Imagination is which makes fantasy into reality not only for the dreamer but for those that travel with the dreamer into their worlds and times!!

working