jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Know anything about self hypnosis etc?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

I read online
    you can hypnotize others if they are willing, and yourself

I also heard you MAY be able to be hypnotized against your will
    (for example advertising...repetitiveness)

Has anyone felt hypnotized against their will? Why do you think so? And what can you say on the subject?

I feel maybe, because my boyfriend repeats things all the time, and I can't leave him but I'm prob just co dependent. I hope!!!

1. 0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are plenty of CD's that help you meditate until you fall into a state of hypnosis. I don't know about your boyfriend... but I doubt people can get hypnotized against their will.

2. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

scarry thought. if you self hypnotise your self, how do you wake up from it?   not good!

3. M. A. Hook profile image61
      M. A. Hookposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok, 2 questions, 2 answers.

1. Yes, you can hypnotize yourself, but I suggest you go to the library and check out at least 25 books on how to do it first. If you forget to leave a hypnotic suggestion about WHEN or HOW you will wake up, you're in trouble deeper than your trance...

2. yes, ANYONE can be hypnotized whether they are willing or not, and it's not that hard to do. I have also been told by someone that I consider an authority that if you permit yourself to be hypnotized willingly that the person who does the hypnotizing can put you back into trance at will as long as they live, and that is the basis of some "magic spells," and that the trance can only be broken by the death of the hypnotist. Hypnotism is not a parlor game. There is a time for it and a time to run for your life from it, just like everything else.

As for the boyfriend, it's not the repetition so much, it's the pattern of the tone of the voice. It sounds like it's time to do your homework.

2. 59
    hallejen89posted 6 years ago

Nuero hypnotic science is the most efficient way to ease my stress problem. I’m very thankful that I heard about this kind of therapy. This technique can be done either by yourself or through session program at their center.

1. 0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How long does it last once you do a session?

3. ddsurfsca profile image73
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

I know what you are talking about, and there is a type of self hypnosis that I have discussed in quite a few of my hubs.  I have used it as an aid to help me with my addiction problems and it works.  However, I don't think that you would not know about it, and as far as someone else doing this and having it work I am not sure. 
         Changing the way your subconsious mind thinks is the key to how it works.  I write something three times a day fifty times each, for example, "I hate the way cigarettes tastes".  Within 4 days smokes tasted horrible.
         If you can give me a suggestion as to how your boyfriend could do this, maybe he could brainwash you.  Simply repeating something over and over, may or may not have sublime results.  Why would he do this to you and why would you let him, even kidding around.  Maybe you should begin repeating over and over "Men are not masculine unless they hand me $1,000 a week".  It might work.

4. Zenofsong profile image60
    Zenofsongposted 6 years ago

I've been using hypnosis tapes for a while and I've been wondering if anyone might like a specially designed tape for themselves. I need to test my skills in helping people solve specific problems.

If you'd like a hypnosis tape that would help you feel more independant, i could definitely help with that. I've been using my brain to rewire my nervous system for years and now I'm really looking to contribute to someone who needs it.

5. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

Don't know much about it, but whenever I have tried it I always get veerrrryyy sssllleeepppyyy! smile

6. dahoglund profile image84
    dahoglundposted 5 years ago

I used to study quite a lot of this sort of thing. Self hypnosis is a technique that many people can learn. I seem to be a bad subject for it since I have a hard time "just letting go"

7. Tarin profile image60
    Tarinposted 5 years ago

I know self hypnosis may work via electromagnetic fields and biophotons.  But you'd have to study specific thought patterns electrocorticography and how it specifally affects biophotons in DNA in situ biophoton autography to see what thoughts produce which effects.

8. Jaggedfrost profile image87
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago

auto suggestion or self hypnosis only works if you can conceptualize your mind on all levels and actually have a desire strong enough to approach yourself with in a trance not unlike one that yoga brings on.  If you desire something with enough desire, you can drive yourself to do it.