jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Back to School

1. 61
    dragonrider32posted 6 years ago

Well, it's that time of year again. First day of school, new teacher(s), new classmates. It's time for a fresh start. As a parent, try and make it a good one...for both your child and his/her teacher. Getting to know, trust and work with your child's teacher is one of the biggest keys to what your child's school year will be like. So when you meet the new teacher, do it positively, with good cheer and common sense. Get to know the teacher within the first few weeks of school (not the first day, teachers are swamped and bit nervouse themselves the first day or two) before there are any hard issues you need to talk to them about. So, make sure your child has a great start to the school year, but make sure you and their teacher do too! Have a great year! Home and school together make all the difference.

2. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Great words of advice - thanks!  My oldest daughter's first day of kindergarten is today and I took her to class just over an hour ago.  She and I both were very excited; I was nervouse, too, but I know she'll do great.  I can't wait to hear all about it!

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lily rose the are so many hubs on preschool that lots of us have written for the hub mob check them out . It could help you and your little girl!

3. MSal2185 profile image74
    MSal2185posted 6 years ago

What you said about communication with the teacher is so true. I'm an elementary teacher and so many parents seem to be afraid to meet with/talk to me about their student. It's sooo nice and refreshing to meet parents that are involved in their student's education, especially in this day and age. Keeping those lines of communication open help your student be more successful.
    Here's to a great school year!