jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Do You Think Attorney Fees are affordable for the average Person?

1. Angel Davitkov profile image61
    Angel Davitkovposted 6 years ago

Would you have used an attorney in the past few years
    for ANYTHING if someone ELSE would have paid
    ALL or PART of the attorney bill FOR you?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, attorney fees are not affordable.
      Yes to your second question, depending on the attorney and the reasoning behind someone else paying the fee.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

In the past few years I have seriously needed one, and could not afford one, and thus was helpless to fight against the wrong doing.

The fees may have been high but in-line for the services needed, but the real problem was no Attorney I contacted would make a decient arrangement with me, so I could pay them, and thus have the services.

And No, I will pay my own way, dont whant somewone else to pay the attorney for me. That never works out well.

1. Soundmaster profile image61
          Soundmasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes I would have, I don’t feel they earn the kind of money they make...I have used them for divorce contracts to sue a bad contractor and to get custody of my kids and to tell you the truth most of the time it was a waste of my money

1. Reality Bytes profile image92
            Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No! I am not a child in need of representation.  If anyone makes claims or charges against me then I represent myself.

I just got an $1800.00 settlement from the last person who filed a claim against me.  That is right they filed the claim and the court ordered them to pay me.

That was last Thursday!

1. OpinionDuck profile image60
              OpinionDuckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great job, good for you.

2. Angel Davitkov profile image61
          Angel Davitkovposted 6 years ago

The reason I am asking the second question dotchman and Brenda is Would you be interested in hearing about a "legal" IDEA

that could help you AVOID LOSING:

your JOB or BUSINESS and/or your HOME,

your continued access to healthcare, your reputation, your freedom,

and your LIFE SAVINGS?

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
            dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

sure I will listen, might not agree, but am open to honestly listen

2. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hallelujah!  Someone who's gonna throw out half of Congress and the President and all his Cabinet!   Woohoo!  tongue

haha
            Tell ya what....I'll check out the info when I get time. But I doubt that citizens who have already lost all those things you mentioned can afford to respond to the offer...

3. bojanglesk8 profile image62
          bojanglesk8posted 6 years ago

Nope.

4. psycheskinner profile image79
          psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

When I need an attorney, I use an attorney.  When I was a student I used a free law clinic very effectively to contest the actions of a huge insurance company (and won); now I am a professional I hire the best one I can afford. Attorneys are professionals, so someone has to pay them. If you don't have the money you can use subsidized or fee services to get the basic support you might need to learn how to represent yourself.

working