IF YOU ARE My Attorney How Much Would YOU CHARGE Me ?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. Angel Davitkov profile image60
    Angel Davitkovposted 13 years ago

Let's say I come to you and tell you I am married with two teenager kids As my lawyer ,instead of your charging me $100 or $200 per hour to provide legal services for me and my family ,

I ask that we work out a flat-fee arrangement that I can pay you each month to cover any legal needs we might have

FIRST , I want anyone in my family to be able to pick up the phone and call you

when they have a Legal Question or need Legal advice .we might call one time ,five times or more a month with no time limit on how long we talk .

I mean Unlimited subject meters I want to tock to you as much as I want and as long as I wont

At $100 per hour START adding this up .

SECOND ,before we ever sign a Legal Document ,whether it be a contract to buy a House ,lease a car ,rent an apartment ,purchase a cell phone or whatever we want to be able to say

'This looks great ,but let me run this by my Lawyer .'

We want to be able to fax or sand an Unlimited numbers of documents for you to review
    all 10 pages or less an length ,to make sure the documents are prepared with our Best interest in mind . I've heard it said

'The bold print Giveth ,But the fine print Takath Away.
    'Again ,at $100 per hour ,Keep adding this Up.

Also ,any time we have a Legal Situation , you would probably agree that a Lawyer making a phone call or writing a letter on the Firms letterhead will carry a lot more weight than if we tried handling it ourselves .

Wether it's a dog barking next door every night and the neighbors won't take care to it or manufacturer won't stand behind a warranty or

ANY SUBJECT METER !!!

We want you to step in and help resolve those issues for us by Making a Phone call or writing a letter for each matter .it might happen three times a month to 10, so keep tallying this up at $100 an hour

O I forgot this any time I Receive a Traffic ticket or Moving traffic violation

I want you to represent me in court

I don't want to lose any more time from work any time I go there and remember I have two teenager kids and some time I drive like a teenager myself
    I don't want My Insurance to go Up

PLUS , I want you to give me a reduction on your regular rate for any Legal Services beyond what we've agreed you 'll do for me on the monthly basis

At $100 per hour ,

How much would you have to charge per month to provide all of these services to me and my family ?

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Yours is a thought-provoking question.

There are too many variables to accurately determine a flat fee. However, considering the expected steady work-stream; a reasonable lawyer should be willing to work for a reduced hourly fee with a minimum billing of say 10 hours a month.

Just a thought.

3. kalixao profile image61
    kalixaoposted 13 years ago

I would charge you a flat retainer of $5,000 to start, which is a quarterly retainer, and construct a team with paralegals to help handle your correspondence issues. As far as unlimited time on the phone...ok...no one can provide you that, personally or professionally. There aren't enough ears available in any given day; however, information can be compiled and delivered to each family member relevant to their circumstances and cases, and a discussion can ensue going over the fine points, IF they want to pursue (open) a case. If they just want "Law 101" basics, they have to research the statutes on the books, themselves, prepare questions, and submit them in writing. They can be handled easily and efficiently that way.
    Otherwise, there's a great legal referral service that charges forty a month to go fetch you attorneys at your leisure. They pre-pay the retainer so that a full scope of legal services is available to you for any case you open, traffic violations and all.

4. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Depends on how much money you have. Are you Rich?! hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)