jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

common sense

1. mom101 profile image59
    mom101posted 6 years ago

One hears a lot of people refer to it. But what is it? What are the symptoms? Is it fictional?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

common sense is a sense that is very much uncommon to the common people.

mom101posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like that

1. richtwf profile image60
          richtwfposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ditto

2. richtwf profile image60
    richtwfposted 6 years ago

Yes I like that statement very much Saleheen, and maybe they should stop calling it common sense if the majority of us - the commoners - don't have that faculty.

If it's no longer common then why should we call it common sense; we should perhaps start a campaign to call it uncommon sense and begin teaching this lost art of common sense, until it does become common again - then it can truly be called common sense.

Thanks for posting this topic and great answer Saleheen.

thnx, thnx for your mail

3. defcon4 profile image60
    defcon4posted 6 years ago

AAAAH Common Sense, I like the Uncommon Common Sense Movement... It can be seen everyday, society is loosing the 6th Sense...Yes richtwf we need a Campaign, a Movement,,,but is the world ready for it???
    Great Topic!

Let's give it a whirl.  Im going now to post a forum. The movement, the UCS Movement.  .......Let's go to the Hub.

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

We all like to think that it is our neighbor, who does not have it.

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol In my case, my neighbor, and sister in law...truly does not have it.

ha ha ha

5. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

hmm maybe common sense is the agreed upon correct way of doing things, but other people if they don't follow that agreed upon way of responding to things are called people with no "common sense". I think that most scientists have no common sense hehehehe.

so true

6. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 6 years ago

Common sense is looking both ways and making sure there are no cars coming before you cross the road.  Common sense is not sticking your finger into a pot of boiling water to see if it's hot enough.  Common sense is not using your curling wand in the shower.  Common sense is not driving after you've been drinking.  Common sense is avoiding obviously stupid things.  I guess whether you have it or not depends entirely on how you define the obviously stupid.  I suppose it's subjective, although it really shouldn't be. Some people think it's great fun to ride their motorcycles without a helmet, down the white line, between two lanes of traffic, at 100 miles per hour, or to have unprotected sex, or to jump out of airplanes at 10,000 feet.

7. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Whatever it is it used to be common, but now it's just fictional.

working