jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

UFO closes Chinese Airport

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

An airport in Baotou, Inner Mongolia, was forced to shut to prevent passenger jets crashing into a UFO, according to reports.

Three flights to Baotou from Shanghai and Beijing were reportedly forced to circle the airport until the UFO disappeared.

Two other flights were diverted away from Baotou and to the nearby cities of Ordos and Taiyuan. The airport was shut for around an hour "to guarantee safety" according to a spokesman.

Witnesses reported a bright light shining in the sky on September 11 around two-and-a-half miles away from Baotou airport, before suddenly vanishing.

The incident was the eighth reported UFO sighting in China since the end of June.

Xiaoshan International airport near the eastern city of Hangzhou was shut down on July 8 because of a UFO, although officials later confirmed the object sighted above the airport had been part of a military test at a nearby airbase.

In the far-western province of Xinjiang, another sighting on June 30 is thought to have been a missile test.

A number of sightings in Sichuan province may also be linked to the local custom of flying illuminated kites at night.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop … rport.html

1. wlittle profile image60
      wlittleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a hard time understanding why every time a bright light is seen in the sky, it's tagged as a UFO. Looking at this photo I'm not sure if it isn't anything more than a photographer who got happy using Photo Shop. There was no mention of weather conditions in the article I read, so it's possible (in my opinion) that this could just be a low-flying plane in a heavy overcast sky.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

it looks like photo shop to me also, like picture of a dentist lamp imposed over a photo. wierd

2. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

I hear the word "UFO" and immediately think "nearby military base or research centre".

3. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

The government also just announced it was military maneuvers. Some cool craft anyway.

4. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I think we forget what UFO stands for.....unidentified flying object.  If it's in the air (flying) and you don't know what it is....technically, it's a UFO.   The problem arises when people associate UFO with alien spacecraft.  That's a different matter.  smile

5. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 6 years ago

UFO does not instantly mean Alien spacecraft. UFO means unidentified flying object! This could be anything that caused this from a military experiment mishap to a air baloon! Who knows! It's hard to say what it was... but UFO doesn't necessarily mean spacecraft!!!

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...darn...we were just celebratin'...finally i could be me!...was hoping the family was coming to pick me up......they forgot about me i think!

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this