jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Is Having Fun Important in Learning?

1. mingoville profile image60
    mingovilleposted 8 years ago

Have you noticed, the things that interest you usually stays in your head longer than things that you find boring? If a child or adult has a negative attitude towards learning, then anything thats presented to him or her for studying would automatically be classified as boring or tedious. However, if learning is presented as something fun, then they are more likely to find something that really interest them because they wont close their mind about the subjects being taught.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I completely agree with this-- when I was in he classroom I tried to have the students have as much fun as possible. It is of primary importance.

2. quensday profile image79
    quensdayposted 8 years ago

I think that it is more a question of motivation and wanting to self improve. There are people who study and learn on their own because they constantly want to expand their databases. If people aren't motivated like this in the first place, than any alternative to learning seems more desirable. Presenting learning in a fun light is like leading a horse to the water when you should be sugaring the water or something like that.

3. Umna Safdar profile image60
    Umna Safdarposted 7 years ago

yeah....fun in some limits is really very important in learning....because after all "ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY!"

4. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

Your right it is definately true and I have the evidence. My hub let the children play is all about why and how play influences learning. It works the same for adults!

5. Bard of Ely profile image88
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

I agree that having fun is very important to learning. I was working as a classroom assistant for the first four months of this year and one of the things I loved about the job was having fun with the children!

1. beautyrose profile image60
      beautyroseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

of course!

6. Connie Smith profile image91
    Connie Smithposted 7 years ago

Not sure I would call it "having fun" but I know that a teacher that knows how to "entertain" can keep the kids attention.  I still fondly remember the teachers who really knew how to have a good time in the classroom, tell jokes to us every now and then, made us laugh, and kept our interest by making the subject exciting.  In other words, if you have the credentials you have the job.  It doesn't matter that you bore the hell out of everyone you meet.

7. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I agree with you on that one. If it was fun then the child will remember it a lot better. I teach this way in my class with the young preschoolers. They have fun, I have fun, they learn, I teach, and their parents are happy, also learning with them. It's great! I love seeing their smiling faces when they sing or dance and learn something at the same time. Or when they do an art project and learn while doing that project.

8. LogicalSpark profile image76
    LogicalSparkposted 7 years ago

well , yeah, the teachers should have fun in the classroom , particularly if it is the last day in the school.

9. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Yup. I saw patients all day and had so much fun and learned more than anyone could imagine!

10. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I agree as well. Fun= remember!

11. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

It's good, but like anything else it can be taken too far (on both sides).