jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Alexander Hamilton's party affiliation

1. Freeway Flyer profile image86
    Freeway Flyerposted 5 years ago

If Alexander Hamilton were alive today, would he be a Republican or a Democrat? Why?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image87
      Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes he would be one or the other, unless independent. . and an NRA member.

2. 0
      Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great question! I wish I had seen it sooner. A lot of it depends on Hamilton's origins. He was born into a merchant family living in the West Indies and moved to mercantile-Dutch New York. Since the US does not have an agro-commercial society anymore, he would have to make his living through his other skills as a Wallstreet broker. He would certainly be living at the center of power and money and would probably still find his way into being the Secretary of Treasury again after making his fortunes. I think he would support either party since both receive equal contributions from the fanancial industry. The Democrats are coy about publicly being seen associating with Wallstreet leaders, so he might have to identify with the GOP due to this simple, pragmatic reason.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image84
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

Alexander Hamilton would be dead, because Aaron Burr would resurrect himself to make sure that Hamilton died again.

But on a more serious point, he would be a Monarch. easily.

He actually argued that Washington should become the king of the US.

1. Freeway Flyer profile image86
      Freeway Flyerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So which party has a more favorable attitude toward monarchy.