jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Should Libraries and Schools Post No Cyber Bullying Signs

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

When sitting at an Internet cafe while in Green Bay and later visiting my local library, would it make sense for all public locations of computer to post signs detailing no cyber bullying?

2. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 5 years ago

Bullying is bullying and it's not just cyberspace where it should be off limits, there's no room in a mature citizen for such behavior.  It's not about the types of tools we use because it could just as well be a telephone we don't have the right to interfer in other people's lives so if a sign is neede then I say make it a billboard.

1. Christy Goff profile image59
      Christy Goffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No bullying period.  Not person to person, not in cyber space, no where no way no how.  Stricter rules on bullies, would make a lot of people feel safer.

3. cathstuff79 profile image78
    cathstuff79posted 5 years ago

I don't mind the idea of 'no cyber bullying' signs. The anti-bullying message can use all the re-enforcement it can get.

I know that currently the focus of anti-bullying is in schools, aimed at children. But it seems obvious to me that the behaviour is a learnt one - and who are they learning it from? the adults.

We need to set a better example to young people. Putting people down and name-calling is NOT OK. Picking on someone's differences is NOT OK. Trying to control others through intimidation is NOT OK.

It's all about RESPECT and maybe if it's lacking in our young people, that says something about their elders.