Most of the students passing their 10th grade are quite obsessive about getting selected in the college of their choice. The college admission essay thus is the most essential requirement for applying such schools/ colleges.
In the fury of showcasing our writing skills and impressing upon the admission advisor we students often commit common mistakes. These mistakes come with the threat of putting our admission status at stake.
The main important aspects of essay writing are concision and coherence. So the students need to avoid these common mistakes while writing their respective college admission essays.
1. Most of the students tend to be over zealous about themselves. Students are often found to be writing about how they fit into the criteria of said college/ school.
2. The students forget to answer the questions or guidelines. They also forget show a degree of perspective and self-reflection through their writing.
3. Always have a first draft and the final draft of your essay. Once you are one with your first draft, make it a point to re check it. At this stage all the modifications can be done to that essay. Be open to certain changes referred by your teacher or your parents.
4. Most of the students are found associating good experiences to the future goals. This is not a bad idea provided you show a good reasonable connection between them..
5. Writing too much of personal information in the essay is also bad. The essay should reflect your passion, strength and intelligence.
The best way to write an essay is to draft a skeleton of the essay and then give it a defined shape by proper usage of the language and content of the essay.
Very informative, Saanj, but you should make it a hub instead of a forum posting. Good Luck. Keep writing.
by Steve West4 years ago
Yes, I am a new "hubber." I am also a new writer. It has only been a few months since discovering I really enjoy writing on HubPages. My problem is, since I started writing on HubPages I have been a bit, let's...
by Cardia3 months ago
I'm applying to do a BFA degree in Graphic Design at an art college in NYC. For my application, I have to write an essay titled my Statement of Intent. Basically, I have to write why I want to study Graphic Design, and...
by JSParker5 years ago
I think HubPages is just a terrific opportunity for writers to write and make connections within the HubPages community. However, I am concerned about the quality of some of the hubs I see. Even if the...
by Cory Zacharia7 years ago
Sometimes (or let's say, often), when I see a spelling error in an otherwise perfect hub, I feel inclined, with the best of intentions, to write to the author and point out the glitch, but don't do so out of fear of...
by 4wardthinker4 years ago
I understand that we don't have to be english majors to write hubs, but i thing that we should at least stick to some basic standards. I have seen high traffic and ratings on hubs that are filled with type errors,...
by Catherine Giordano23 months ago
I always appreciate it when someone lets me know about a typo or an error of fact in my hubs. I have also given a heads-up to others and they have been appreciative. When I tell someone about an error, I send them a...
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.