What makes an outstanding colleague?

1. artlader profile image61
    artladerposted 5 years ago

Greetings, Esteemed Hubbers,

All educators have to endure the occasional toxic colleague. We know what makes people terrible colleagues from bitter experience.

Enough said, right?

But I wonder what you think the qualities of an outstanding colleague are.

Just asking because I am curious.

So, what do you think? What makes an educator a great colleague?

1. cordor1973 profile image61
      cordor1973posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I work with many great colleagues.  They are the people willing to listen to your ideas, be a sounding board when you are frustrated, and can share the blame rather than point the fingers.  They are the people who are adaptable and can easily change gears.  These great colleagues are able to smooth over the speed bumps that pop up in their path.  Their enthusiasm is infectious, making you want to be a better person.  There is no doubt, teaching is a difficult job, but these colleagues make you laugh and come back for more day after day.

2. Paul Kuehn profile image89
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

Hi Art!
    Based on my experience of teaching English as Foreign Language overseas, I would say an outstanding colleague is one who is passionate about his work, giving 100 percent all the time.  He or she is a person who is outgoing, cheerful, and helpful.  This is a person who is a team player, and not one who is just looking out for himself or herself.