jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Best places to learn online?

1. Edwin Chan profile image61
    Edwin Chanposted 5 years ago

There are tons of resources out there to learn new things online.

I'm a big fan of TED talks and the Kkhan academy.

What would be your best pick?

1. Andrea Hildreth profile image59
      Andrea Hildrethposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What about personal learning networks?  Begin by creating a list of sites, blogs, CSS feeds, individual-interest Twitter folks, etc.  Then follow, reply, contribute.

Many people use their personal learning networks as professional development tools, or just to stay current on trends in their individual area of interest.

So, personal learning networks - what do you think?

2. webguyonline profile image60
      webguyonlineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

go to wikipedia or encarta, i'm sure that you'll learn a lot of information from them

2. asiemens profile image62
    asiemensposted 5 years ago

It's not entirely online, but I love the Teaching Company. Basically they're a bunch of lectures done by university professors. You can get online audio downloads, or order the video course online. You have to pay though, but they always have a 70% off deal on something.

Open Yale is pretty awesome too. I really enjoyed the lectures on psychology. TED is a good resource, one of my favs, but for some reason I'm not a huge fan of Khan Academy. No reason.

3. Purple Perl profile image82
    Purple Perlposted 5 years ago

Depends on what you want to learn.

1. bgamall profile image87
      bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Read my hubs. smile

4. khmohsin profile image60
    khmohsinposted 5 years ago

Different vendors are providing the study materials But you have to study yourself and Google is your best friend .After that you can go for some Certification,But keep in your mind while studying that how much this will be fruitful for you .