jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Why relativity is contradictory?

1. 0
    jomineposted 5 years ago

Why special relativity says nothing can travel faster than light while general relativity says everything(parts of universe) is moving faster than light?

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 5 years ago in reply to this

In the south it is contradictory

I have a bunch of relitives and the SOB's are always contradicting something.

2. White Teeth profile image60
      White Teethposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Special relativity says that nothing can travel faster than light THROUGH SPACE. General relativity seems to say that there is no limit on how fast SPACE ITSELF can move. There is no indication, however, that any part of space is moving faster than light.

The inflationary phase of the Big Bang would probably be the most likely suspect, but it is not clear from the stuff that I have read that even then did such speed occur.

3. melpor profile image88
      melporposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Jomine, you have your facts wrong. Special relativity does not say anything about traveling faster than the speed of light. Special relativity deal with acceleration  near the spead of light and general relativity deals with constant speed near the speed of light.

4. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is entirely wrong, neither SR or GR state anything of that nature. Please provide the peer reviewed papers that make such claims. smile

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 5 years ago

What the General Theory of Relativity, says ... I will address later ... but first The Truth ...

"In ... That, there are several, perhaps Countless Forms, which
    "travel" within their Physical ambiance, at speeds, a million times faster than the speed of the Electrons  ... Light.

P.S. If this note goes through; as my notes are lately not going through ... I will discuss the matter in detail in the next Comment.