jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

1. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image80
    NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 5 years ago

Hi friends,
    Please I need some help especially from geography teachers in the UK. I have an interview for the teachers training programme in secondary school geography on the 20th of this month.

I wish to know some of the recent developments in the teaching  subject geography (in England)

Do you have any idea?please share with me.

1. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
      Shahid Bukhariposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Nzung Seraphine

This is a general reply, but the guidelines can certainly help in all your job related interviews.

Your presently needed assistance, relates the latest in "How to" ... of Teaching UK Geography, at the Secondary Level ... and you would like to Qualify for a Teachers Training Program.
      Your Objective ... therefore, is to qualify the interview on 20th of March 2011 ... Right.

Start preparations with

The Right Dress, for Teachers
      The Right Looks for a Teacher
      The Right Attitude of Teachers .... and
      The Right Language of a Teacher ... no slangs, or cockney,
      just simple, straightforward, logical, English.
      Note: The short cut is to take a Role model, and follow her, or him.

Then begin the academic stuff by ...
      Visiting University of Strathclyde [Glasgow] Web Site, Go to their Teachers Training Program, and learn, at least the Topical Headlines ... meaning, What Teachers Training is all about in the UK.

Now the brass tacks ...

1. Learn, and Remember, the Definition of Geography ... see any English dictionary. It is most important, that you remember the Definition.
      2. Then generally learn about World Geography ... there are many short books, and Atlases, available in the market and Public Libraries; buy one, it will help you, or ask the librarian, to provide you one. 
      3.Then bring back your Focus, to the British Isles,Geography.
      4. Go to <Wikipedia.org> for a specific Reply to your question about recent developments ... like, the UK now being the Western part of the European Union.
      5. Read something general, about the European Union, and its Geography.

Trust me, its very simple to follow my guidelines ... all it needs is your resolving to do it.

Good Luck.

1. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image80
        NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Shahid Bukhari,
        Thanks for the help.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image86
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It would help if you were familiar with the national curriculum and the QTS (qualified teacher status) standards.- type these in on google- it will also help if you have experience of teaching geography or anything at home and can talk about it.
      I would disregard some  of the information above as this is what you will learn. They will not be interested in what you know about the subject but any experience of teaching. The research on the curriculum and background will help to answer any questions and show that you are interested.
      My daughter is studying QTS primary and I am  studying QTLS (adult ed)
      Most of all, have a good nights sleep before the interview, check you know where it is and arrive 15 minutes early- dont worry, just do your best

oh yes, dont quote Wikipaedia unless you want to fail- it is not accepted as a source in British further education

2. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image80
    NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 5 years ago

Hi Case1worker,thanks alot for the help.God bless you