jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

teaching styles

1. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image79
    NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 5 years ago

hi ,i need help with the types of teaching styles.any idea. thanks.are  teaching styles the same as teaching methods? am confuse.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Teaching styles are developed from your experience and your personality, your beliefs of how best to educate your students.
      There are different teaching styles such as experts in a specific field, formal authoritarians, facilitators, delegators and modelers (learn by example). Teachers develop their style, keeping in mind cultural differences and how students learn best.

Different methods are used to give instruction and to assess student learning. Styles are more of an approach. 
      I hope this helps.

NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks alot rebekahelle . you have cleared my doubts.
        God bless you

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I seem to recall that teaching styles appeal to different learning styles.
    Some people learn best by seeing (visual learners) some by hearing, or reading, (auditory learners) or by doing (kinesthetic learners).
    I was an art student and much of my teaching was accompanied by drawing pictures or showing visual examples of concepts. When I did some sub teaching in a blind class, I suddenly realized that my best teaching tool had been taken away.
    I needed to develop other styles to include all kinds of learners-- even if they could see.

NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks alot Rochelle Frank. I know understand the concept of learning styles. i am grateful.thanks

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually I think rebekaELLE gave a better answer-- my suggestions were more like "methods" than styles, but both are important, I think.

working