What Is Outside Reality?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (50 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Fairly simple question.

Answers?

1. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It depends on our held Concept, of Reality ...

For if we are from among the Seculars ... meaning, those who do not Believe in God, and His Creation, and rely on their brains or feigned ignorance ... Then only Material Things ... Objects ... are Real ... Meaning, only physical objects can, or should, Exist.

For in Rational Cognitions, Objects Compose ... what is a Self-Existent, Physical Reality, of a purely Physical Universe ... !

In Islam ...  The Truth, of the Existential Reality of Creation, Transcends the Physical, and Material States of The Created ... the Created Physical,  Exists simultaneously, within The Ordained, Ideal ...

Thus, we only Know, and See, as far as, we have been Granted, by way of  the Definitive  Concepts ... Nouns, Defining The Created ... in our Destined Experiential of the Physical Reality.

Human Known, Is, in, The Divine Grant, of Knowledge, Granted by The Creator ... Including His Concept ... The Nouns, Defining His Creation ... to His Created ... Humans.

But supposing we take the seculars Theory of Dark Matter ... or the Aliens and Relativity ... these are similar to the non-believers other Assumptions ... which are essentially Logical speculations, within a Physical Prejudice ... not the Reality.

Because, their Prejudice, is rooted in Rational Cognitions of Creation ... from where they draw Theoretical Premises ... in Physical's based logical assumptions ... viz. That 1 apple+1 apple = 2 apples, while Ignoring The Creation of Apples ... they, call a Spade ... the Spade !

But their Prejudices do not stop with apples ... they go on to cross the apples, in hoping to come up with Pears, they could call their creation of In vitro life form !

Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60

I will take it ... and am happy, you enjoyed your first meeting with Existential's Reality ...

Not quite. The question was a joke. wink

1. Shahid Bukhari profile image60

OK ...

Seems yours, is a subtle sense of humor .. it totally eluded my rustic senses.

Regards

2. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God

ask me again tomorrow and see if the answer changes (probably will too) wink

lol

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

More reality.

Interesting... lol

4. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cags:
      Here's a "simple" answer:   "One can only guess."
      There, that covers it!  smile
      Qwark

Okay Qwark. smile

5. superwags profile image66
      superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd say what happens inside of a black hole; because it's where our understanding of physics really ends

Much appreciated. smile

1. superwags profile image66

If you're interested - and have an hour to kill; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTjUqI6W3yQ is the best attempt I've seen to try to explain.

Might hurt your head a bit. It just about killed my brain off when they started on the holographic principle...

Thank you. Maybe I will and maybe I'll just pound my head on my desk for five minutes....probably accomplish the same results. lol

1. superwags profile image66

You're probably just as well. Seriously, it is brilliant and it's also relatively simplistically explained.

My licence fee isn't completely wasted sometimes...

Okay. Thank you though. wink

2. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

yeah right sure - I'll get on that right away big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

I love it when you get all existential... and zen... and relativist...
    all that philosophy stuff big_smile

I'm curious to see what people say. wink tongue

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60

Though your ideas are casualness ... personified ... but you have the right attitude, my friend.

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 13 years ago

Reality removed from the inside? tongue

*shakes head side to side, palm to face*

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I was just being a smartie pants.  I'll stop now.  Enjoy.

smile

I know. wink

4. Jewels profile image81
    Jewelsposted 13 years ago

Nothing. Once inside the unreal, it is real.

Hi Jewels, always good to see you. smile

5. Monisajda profile image60
    Monisajdaposted 13 years ago

Reality that is unknown to us. Parallel realities abound. What our senses don't grasp - we call it not real, abnormal. But there are other realities that are there, scientists will agree with that, super sensitive people like artist will, too.

Interesting post.

6. know one profile image60
    know oneposted 13 years ago

The prefixes 'The' 'Your' and 'My'. smile

Not quite.

7. Dorothee-Gy profile image64
    Dorothee-Gyposted 13 years ago

In the end, all reality is, is the interpretation of different vibrations, translated by our senses into the pictures and sounds we perceive inside ourselves (Peter Russell has written about the futile efforts of scientists to nail down other aspects of reality).

So, reality is also in essence perceptual. Once I perceive it, it is real for me. As long as I haven't perceived it, it is not part of my reality.

That leads to the concept that reality is highly individual. I can perceive different things than other people, based on my world view. I can also perceive the same thing differently (think about babies, for instance, some people perceive them as cute and cuddly, others as a crying pain in the butt, others as a menace to their freedom, etc.).

There are no two people on earth which share identical realities. And yet, we're constantly trying to convince others that our reality is the only true one. Such a funny comedy, when you think about it...

Interesting post.

2. Sue Adams profile image94
      Sue Adamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I so agree but no-one has so far answered the question. smile

from: http://freedosphere.wordpress.com/2010/ … y-paradox/

Reality is existence. To be outside Reality is to be non-existent.

Much appreciated Sue. Nice to see you, been a while. smile Hope you're well. smile

2. Jewels profile image81
        Jewelsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahem!  Isn't what I said exactly the same?

8. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Well there ya go, they are a store tongue

Guess I was wrong sad

9. munirahmadmughal profile image49
    munirahmadmughalposted 13 years ago

munirahmadmughal

The question is "What is outside reality?"
    Outside reality is nothing but going astray, void or falsehood.
    The holy Qur'an says:

Say: "Who is it that sustains you (in life) from the sky and from the earth? or who is it that has power over hearing and sight? And who is it that brings out the living from the dead and the dead from the living? and who is it that rules and regulates all affairs?" They will soon say, "Allah". Say, "will ye not then show piety (to Him)?"‎ (10:31)

Such is Allah, your real Cherisher and Sustainer: apart from truth, what (remains) but error? How then are ye turned away?‎ (10:32)

Thus is the word of thy Lord proved true against those who rebel: Verily they will not believe.‎ (10:33)

Say: "Of your 'partners', can any originate creation and repeat it?" Say: "It is Allah Who originates creation and repeats it: then how are ye deluded away (from the truth)?"‎ (10:34)

Say: "Of your 'partners' is there any that can give any guidance towards truth?" Say: "It is Allah Who gives guidance towards truth, is then He Who gives guidance to truth more worthy to be followed, or he who finds not guidance (himself) unless he is guided? what then is the matter with you? How judge ye?"‎ (10:35)

But most of them follow nothing but fancy: truly fancy can be of no avail against truth. Verily Allah is well aware of all that they do.‎ (10:36)

Interesting.... hmm

10. aware profile image67
    awareposted 13 years ago

the soon to be invented .?

lol

11. aware profile image67
    awareposted 13 years ago

A really big yard?

lol lol

12. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

My lost sanity?

lol lol

13. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

It is not possible to be 'outside'of reality - reality is just one person's perception of what is around them - other realities may differ, but they are just different perceptions of the same environment.  Semantically it is possible to be outside of reality because we are all partly outside everyone else's reality.

Interesting post, but I do think many from the scientific community would beg to differ with you about "reality" itself. But, appreciate the input.

1. recommend1 profile image61
        recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure what 'scientists' you are talking about,  or if you understand what 'reality' is.   I suspect you are applying your own meaning to the word - Shahid has given you a good answer, a little hard to understand I guess, given that he is clearly unconfined by the narrow constraints of western thinking, but with a bit of effort . . . .

14. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 13 years ago

The question is ambiguous and therefore meaningless.

It could refer to a reality that is thought to be outside [adjective] and be asking what is that type of reality: i.e. what is a reality that is external to an internal reality,  well, the answer then depends on what we define as being "internal" and what as "external"

Or it could refer to something standing outside [preposition] of reality and be asking what things/persons/concepts are external to what is defined as being real, in which case the answer depends on what we define as "reality" in opposition to "unreality".

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)