jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Teaching Biblical Hebrew

1. 0
    Ruach Eishposted 5 years ago

I am teaching Biblical Hebrew to an 8 year old but have no training or qualifications as a teacher.  Does anyone have any advice/pointers about teaching in general or teaching children specifically which they would like to share with me?

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

All I can say is I believe you can't go wrong.  It as you know a religion that encourages questioning everything and if that continues to be the core that directs your studies its win win

I only say this as I converted for marriage, 3 years of study, Israel kibbutz, mikvah, all of it and I found my curiosities and challenging everything dictated a very interesting way of learning

must add, divorced and renounced now lol but the learning was worth it.

what I learned most in a painful way, sadly was Judaism is not a religion you can convert into but rather Judaism is a people.

Good Luck!

1. 0
        Ruach Eishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thankyou Kimberly, especially for sharing your experiences.  Myself and my pupil are both Christian but the great thing about learning Hebrew is that you learn all about Jewih faith and culture as well as the language itself - and meet lots of great people too.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes - teaching children biblical nonsense as facts will damage them. I was indoctrinated into your cult and taught this stuff as a child. Once I realized it was nonsense - I became angry with the people who taught it to me, for wasting a big part of my childhood and giving me a twisted sense of reality.

8 year olds should be outside playing - not learning religious nonsense as facts. An 8 year old is incapable of deciding to become a christian - therefore some one has told this poor mite that is what he is. sad

This is child abuse. Where are you? - I will complain to the local authority.

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If people would only stop indoctrinating children we would have got past the myths of religion many years ago. I find it disgraceful to teach children religious myth and pass it off as truth even if you think you believe in it.
        With further education this too will pass.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61

True enough. Took me years to get this stuff out of my head. I was taught "Biblical Hebrew" at school - not to teach me another language - but to further indoctrinate me into the christian religion. Crazy thing was - the school legally had to do a Christian service (assembly) every morning - and the large group of Jewish kids at the school had to put on their prayer caps and go elsewhere.

So - of course there was division and fights. sad

2. 0
        Ruach Eishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Two things here people;  1) this is a language NOT a religion Im teaching him.  and 2) he ASKED to learn it.  He said "Mummy I want to learn Hebrew and Mandarin."  She is trying to find a Mandarin tutor also.  He is free to use the language I am teaching him in any way he likes and if he ever says he no longer wishes to learn it I will stop teaching him.

Be careful with your accusations.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61

Sorry? I thought you wanted an opinion?

Biblical Hebrew? He is Christian? You are a Christian. Your profile page proclaims your religion and you write hubs about miracles in the bible? You also posted this in the religion section?

You certainly have gotten the denial down pat. Of course an 8 year old looks up to you and wants to please you by learning Biblical Hebrew. lol Nothing to do with religion. lol No siree, Bob - no religion going on here. sad

Be careful asking questions here - you might get the truth.