jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Why is it that some times in life no one seems to understand us?

1. MrsHernandez profile image61
    MrsHernandezposted 5 years ago

In life every body understand their own troubles...

1. Alisha Sharma profile image60
      Alisha Sharmaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would say  "Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches"

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

To be honest, most are wrapped up in their own life. They consciously and unconsciously do things. Many experiences are unique to the individual and their ability to explain it to others.

To be understood, you must have the ability to communicate your experiences to others. This gets lost in translation, because of the subjective view of the individual. Selective hearing doesn't help. If they are not focused on listening to you, then it's likely that they are not interested in you that much.

People can understand, only when they are listening. You must make sure you and them are on the same page, otherwise, lost. There are so many different factors that can be weighed upon, to add to my post, but if I continue, it would be best to put it into a hub, because one thing will lead to another one thing, then another one thing..

The best conversationalist is actually a good listener. wink

1. jennifersbenson profile image60
      jennifersbensonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I completely agree with your comment. I have found in my experience that those who have the most difficulty being understood are those who have the most difficulty communicating.

It also helps to be a good listener. smile

1. Spirit Whisperer profile image83
        Spirit Whispererposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well said. I would also add that we can create problems by the way we view ourselves and others.