jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Is the human body a collection of information?

1. ceciliabeltran profile image85
    ceciliabeltranposted 5 years ago

I'm watching this documentary about the singularity is near. Ray kurzwell. he says that the intelligent is coming and claims that the goal of life has always been to amass information and to never die.

What do you think?

1. 68
      SsvRrwQposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The goal of life is to continue life. That is much better served by combining continuation of development and the genetic algorithm AND furtherance of cultural information (for now). We have not reached a point culturally that furthering our genetic development is meaningless (as your post, and singularity suggests)

The singularity cult is flawed. They see only the end-of-time that every generation sees. They simply mask it in pseudo-science, and conjecture.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image85
        ceciliabeltranposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you. I think the idea of replacing our biological systems with cyborg systems, while doable is an aberration more than an improvement.

I am however intrigued by the predominant opinion in the scientific communities, particularly evolution, that includes our developing tech-savviness as the way we
        are growing our mental capacities. It is now escaping the confines of our biology and we are using tech aides to grow our abilities to process information.

Will the brain continue to grow in size or will we become mere parts of another brain to a larger global entity?

1. Cagsil profile image83
          Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Our brain won't grow any bigger than it is presently. The usage of the mind-space will grow until full usage of the space of the brain is utilized.

As for the body being a collection of information? Sure, it collects information, unknowingly and knowingly, through many means. wink

2. ankandhk profile image78
      ankandhkposted 5 years ago

Yes Human body is a information field. You know what is DNA? The human DNA stores all of the information of your nature which mostly comes from your past, past, and past ancestors!

1. Freegoldman profile image61
        Freegoldmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess u r absolutely correct.A human body is a book full of in-formations