The power of music - A social experiment

1. flagostomos profile image83
    flagostomosposted 5 years ago

I need some volunteers

I'm putting the call out to the community to participate in a social experiment. I have had this idea for quite some time now, and I feel the Hub Pages community would be perfect to help me. Don't worry, all I require is a few minutes of your time.

Here are the parameters:

The ideal amount of volunteers would be 15, but at the very least I would need 9. I will send you an .mp3 file that contains a sample of a few singers. I need you to rate each singer on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best. If you want, you can include a few comments but all I really need is a numerical rating. The .mp3 is no longer than 5 minutes. I do require that you don't converse with the other participants about the experiment.

It's really as simple as that. Once I have collected all of the data, I will disclose what the purpose is and my findings behind this experiment, but for now I hope the parameters will satisfy your curiosity. I had this idea back in my interpersonal communications class in college, but I never had the opportunity to pursue the results. I have never seen anything like this done before. Maybe that will catch your attention enough. big_smile

I have been trying to think about some way to compensate the participants. I can't really afford to give out cash to each person, so what I'm offering is this. I will subscribe to your hub, and every time you post a new hub I will comment, follow, and provide a backlink on a hub of my own for the course of a month.

If you are interested in participating, please shoot my an email at I will send you the mp3 file. It shouldn't be a big file, and it won't take more than 10 minutes of your time.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to working with some of you!

1. kalixao profile image60
      kalixaoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yah, send me the file, too. i also do social research. Maybe we could team up on a real statistical project and publish it through the quarterlies.

2. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

Happy to oblige!  Just sent an email your way.  big_smile