jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hubpages credentials ! worth mentioning in your portfolio?

1. Saksham Malik profile image60
    Saksham Malikposted 5 years ago

Ive been wondering about this since I joined Hubpages, other than getting a chance to read amazing works and share your own in an open manner, what all can Hubpages actually offer? I cant really earn due to weird Ad policies...
    But, 'Will your Hubpages credentials be acknowledged if you mention them in your portfolio while applying for colleges or universities? If yes, then to what extent?'

2. 0
    da_trifposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't say on my resume that I have a 91 on Hubpages, that won't mean anything. But for me, it's a great chance to keep my writing current. Of course, I am a freelance journalist, so I need that kind of outlet.

3. NathanielZhu profile image84
    NathanielZhuposted 5 years ago

When I applied to colleges (George Mason University, James Madison University, and Virginia Tech), they had a very limited space for accomplishments.

I suggest that unless you have nothing better to put down, include your hubpages credentials, but otherwise, write what you think will most likely impress the colleges. I'm sure most of them have never even heard of HubPages.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

As there is no barrier to entry, I am not sure why a college would find this impressive compared to say, internships, charity work, etc.