jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Do you find studying on the computer much harder than on paper?

1. NathanielZhu profile image85
    NathanielZhuposted 5 years ago

I find that studying the same thing is much easier on paper than on the computer. Why do you think that is?

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I agree with you. I find studying online more distracting.

3. WittyWeddings profile image78
    WittyWeddingsposted 5 years ago

I think studying online is much more distracting because you have endless distractions at your finger tips. Whereas in your textbook there isn't that much to be distracted by. Also it's easier on your eyes to read off of paper than a computer screen. So maybe that has something to do with it.

4. Ritsos profile image66
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

Online's great for quick facts but if I find a good reasonable length article I always print off to read.

5. NGRIA Bassett profile image59
    NGRIA Bassettposted 5 years ago

I find studying online difficult, having discussions with faceless teachers and classmates I will not meet until graduation.
    Not being able to access verbal feedback or explanation from instructors require 100% independent learning.

6. truthfornow profile image79
    truthfornowposted 5 years ago

You need more discipline to study online because there are so many other things to do online.  So, I find online harder than in person or textbook studying.

7. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 5 years ago

Paper is easier but I've taken a couple of online classes and it was fine. One was the Solar Energy International free introduction to renewable energy course. It was mixed enough with audio, short readings, interactive graphics and exercises, and forums that it was easy to do.
    I've tried studying how to use Word and Excel online, it seems obvious that that's the right way but I haven't done too well with that.
    When I study medical or science topics, I prefer a book but I always end up back online watching video clips to help visualize the information.
    I always thought I prefer books because I'm old but WittyWeddings looks pretty young and she agrees!

8. YadiraE profile image89
    YadiraEposted 5 years ago

Yes! Definitely! Studying on the computer can be very distracting.  You go online, chat with friends and go into different web sites and pretty soon you've wasted precious hours of study. Also, staring at the computer screen for long periods can also hurt your eyes.

1. Freegoldman profile image59
      Freegoldmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thats only becz u are habituated in studyinf from books rather than frm PC.Even i share the same problem.