jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Can Drugs Make Us Happier? Smarter?

1. Obscure_Treasures profile image60
    Obscure_Treasuresposted 5 years ago

Can Drugs Make Us Happier? Smarter?..........what is the actual answer..

1. thaivalentine profile image62
      thaivalentineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Pay attention to a drug ad the next time its on TV, they spend a significant portion of at the end speaking of side effects.  That's not to say drugs are not good for some people though.  However, I think drugs are like social media - I think people "go crazy" with it at times and think know people are being overmedicated.

2. cupess001writing profile image59
    cupess001writingposted 5 years ago

Drug is the gift of Evil and the Hell is the place for those who consumes about it. happiness is naturally growing up from the bottom of the heart as we realize that life is wonderful and dare to face worst condition however.

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Without drugs, many people would be in constant pain, and many would simply die! What are you on about?

3. Alma Cabase profile image87
    Alma Cabaseposted 5 years ago

Drugs were made to save lives. However, people tend to abuse its use. We should never put the blame to these drugs instead focus on how we discipline ourselves to use them accordingly.

4. courtney8822 profile image61
    courtney8822posted 5 years ago

Personally I think drugs make you more relaxed and able to enjoy, either being bored; or more fully aware and appreciative of what you are doing and the things around you. Just my opinion. As long as it's not abused it's got my vote.
    Try legal drugs found in smoke shops if you are afraid of the consequences of real drugs. Doesn't affect your pee test, if you want more info I have some in my hubs.
    *<3 Courtney

5. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago

Alma, you said that Drugs were made to save lives.and I disagree. This may have been true in the past but today, drugs are made to treat the symptoms. There is no profit in curing a disease. As thaivalentine stated the side effects are often worse than the original problem they are used to treat. Drugs are made to generate profits and if these drugs cause additional problems, that simply means even more drugs and more profits.

How long has it been since the drug industry cure a disease? The drug companies actually fight anything that shows the ability to cure, or reduce the effects of a disease, that doesn't put money in their pockets. They will spend millions assurring that they have the right to kill as many people as they can in the name of profit. Even asprin regularly kills peope who take it as prescribed. These companies spend millions fighting the legalization of marijuana due to the fact that it helps millions and doesn't kill anyone. The reason for this is that they cannot patent a plant. Their ads always claim that they are working for the betterment of humanity and yet what they are actuallly interested in is the betterment of their bottom line.

Here's a line you may be familiar with that is approriate here, You shall know them by their works.

I don't know about you but I would rather die from the disease than die from the mislabelled cure. Keep the pills and I'll keep my weed. In the long run I will be happier, healthier, and more than likely, alive longer than you.

1. Obscure_Treasures profile image60
      Obscure_Treasuresposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks everyone for sharing......

6. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 5 years ago

More often than not, drugs do the exact opposite!