jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Kansas Makes EVolution Illegal!

1. Evolution Guy profile image59
    Evolution Guyposted 5 years ago
    1. manthy profile image84
      manthyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

WOW - Thanks for the post, that is a very interesting article

2. Niteriter profile image79
      Niteriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This "Onion" report, in the usual style of the publication, is hilarious. Even though the report didn't say so, I'm pretty sure Representative Bob Bethell is a Republican. As political force, this group of public figures appear to be intent on setting society back a few hundred years at least.

3. Freegoldman profile image60
      Freegoldmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Kansas evolution hearings were a series of hearings held in Topeka, Kansas, United States May 5 to May 12, 2005 by the Kansas State Board of Education and its State Board Science Hearing Committee to change how evolution and the origin of life would be taught in the state's public high school science classes. The hearings were arranged by the Board of Education with the intent of introducing intelligent design into science classes via the Teach the Controversy method.[1][2]

The hearings raised the issues of creation and evolution in public education and were attended by all the major participants in the intelligent design movement but were ultimately boycotted by the scientific community over concern of lending credibility to the claim, made by proponents of intelligent design, that evolution is purportedly the subject of wide dispute within the scientific and science education communities.

The Discovery Institute, hub of the intelligent design movement, played a central role in starting the hearings by promoting its Critical Analysis of Evolution lesson plan[3] which the Kansas State Board of Education eventually adopted over objections of the State Board Science Hearing Committee, and campaigning on behalf of conservative Republican candidates for the Board.[4]

4. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Only in America......

2. I am DB Cooper profile image67
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

The Onion does a great job of sprinkling elements of truth into their satire. I can imagine 50,000 years from now the devolved species of Homo kansans will be a popular house pet.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Well, I guess this would be a perfect example of stupidity run amok in America.

Satire? It's not even funny.

However, it does demonstrate government lack of vision of the future and it shows that "separation of church and state" is a problem within this particular state.

Not to mention, it would put a law into place in which it(state officials and police) would be unable to enforce.

WOW! What a joke! lol

4. A Troubled Man profile image61
    A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago

The cold and flu bugs will live happily ever after in Kansas.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How can you say that?  As they mutate and evolve they will be collected and spend the rest of their miserable lives in jail!  Animal cruelty, that's what it is. lol

1. A Troubled Man profile image61
        A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL! Kansas will be cold and flu free! Yay! Let's all move there so we can be healthy.

5. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

Evolution illegal? Nothing more then amoeba allowed I guess lol

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol