The worlds most influential and intellectual individuals are who?

1. BakerRambles profile image86
    BakerRamblesposted 5 years ago via iphone

I want to go for Socrates as being the first and highly valued in terms of his Socratic method of speaking, and my second answer would have to present itself in the form Descartes, riddle me more my fellow Hubbers...

1. Freegoldman profile image61
      Freegoldmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Fethullah Gülen
      Rising from secular Turkey is Fethullah Gülen, a leader of one of the most dynamic religious movements in Turkey. He preaches a religion filled with moderate Islam practices, an idea countering the secular order dominating the country. Supposedly, he has millions of followers hanging on his every word. But he's a strong polarizing figure; Foreign Policy said he "is both revered and reviled in his native Turkey" and Gülen was forced to flee his homeland in 1999 to settle in the U.S.
      Last week, he was acquitted of the charge of undermining the secular Republic in Turkey, but it is unclear whether he will return to Turkey.
      Muhammad Yunus
      The economics world has their own superstar. Muhammad Yunus won the 2006 Nobel Prize for proving how offering small loans to poor nations could be profitable. This Bangladesh-based microfinancier started a bank that has loaned $7 billion in tiny amounts to 7 million borrowers. Around 97 per cent of those loans have been repaid.
      His ideas sparked a "micro-loaning" trend that has spider-webbed across the world. There are 100 million microborrowers around the world, according to Time. And even the name of his book has a decidedly altruistic slant: Creating a World Without Poverty.

Read more: … z1TkXvGKDp