The True calling of existence

1. BakerRambles profile image86
    BakerRamblesposted 5 years ago via iphone

Who do you feel would be the most contributing philosopher of all time?  Who would be the most detrimental? Work with me, I want everyone to voice their opinion on this one.

1. NathanielZhu profile image84
      NathanielZhuposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, Philosophy has been described as science without the laboratory. In other words, a precursor of science. I think think the greatest philosopher would be Copernicus for his medical, mathematical, and astronomical discoveries.
      As for the most detrimental....Jesus. His teachings lead to generations of deluded lunatics performing witch burnings on innocent women, sexism, racism, and countless atrocities. That isn't to say Jesus was a bad philosopher. He was great, but he affiliated himself with the brutal God of the first testament, Yahweh. The result of his teachings led to the rise of Christianity and billions of people who committed atrocities in the name of Jesus Christ. Of course, I could say the same about Mohammad and other prophets which led to violent modern actions by followers, but I merely chose to pick on Jesus because his beliefs led to a religion with the most numbers.