jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

The great debate over Judaism and the great kingdom of Solomon

1. BakerRambles profile image85
    BakerRamblesposted 5 years ago via iphone

In the middle east, in a region around Israel and Palestine, the excavations of pillars and pottery, city walls and other ruins are being dug up.  The debate is that King Solomon's kingdom did indeed rule in the tenth and ninth century, but did it really exist, and what evidence can you uncover that brings you to that conclusion?  Let's debate heavily on this, maybe teach each other a little in the process.

1. 0
      Infinite712posted 5 years ago in reply to this

There doesn't seem to be any evidence that King Solomon had a huge elaborate kingdom like the Hebrew Bible claims. He might not have even been a historical person at all. At best, Jerusalem was a small village and he may have been the 'king' or 'chief' of this village. The same applies to King David.

1. BakerRambles profile image85
        BakerRamblesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for participating in the forum, I was wondering when someone with historical knowledge of this would answer.  I was reading on archeological digs here recently that have begin to spur major debates over whether it was Assyrian or king davids kingdom, and I wanted to get other people's imput on the situation at hand.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image82
    IntimatEvolutionposted 5 years ago

If you are wondering if they have found a stone tablet with King Solomon's mark on it, no.  No such discovery has been made.