Does some parent need to grow up?

1. chanroth profile image73
    chanrothposted 5 years ago

I was going to my little sister school this morning and her principle got punched in the face because the principle said that according to the dress code policy, student should come to school with uniform and her son didn't wear uniform. She let her son wear a T-shirt that has a skull on it. The policy was in the handbook, paper was sent home and they made sure the parent is aware of the new uniform policy before the school start. Some parent are not taking serious action to that. Instead they ignore. Most parent are aware and follow the policy. Well, this lady here was told to not let her son wear a T-shirt that has a skull picture on it, therefore in return she attack the principle in front of many student. This include my little sister. The children saw their own principle got beat up.

I totally understand that uniform is a 'BIG' issue to most parent because it's expensive or they think it's not worth it, but if you go to other country like Cambodia, Thailand, China, see them wear uniform and they don't seem to have problem with that. I believe that its teaching the student to understand proper attire. When going to school you wear uniform, going to work...for instance a nurse=scrub, business=suit/casual business, etc...I see it as 'professional attire' but some parent think its insane.

I am really upset after seeing the lady attack a principle in front of my sister and all other children. I don't think it is a proper way to handle situation. My sister asked me, "Sister, is that how old people handle problem?" I have to take my sister to the side and have a huge lecture about handling problem and violence. She's only 9 and she's seeing so much things that she shouldn't be seeing at such a young age. Not only a nine year old saw it, but a 6 year old including her own son seeing his mother attacking his own principle.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

yes, many parents need to grow up. I feel very sorry for the child of the young mother who attacked the principal.

3. arizonataylor profile image81
    arizonataylorposted 5 years ago

Parents can be a teacher's greatest asset or liability.  Some parents simply hinder their own child's best interest, an education.  We've entered a new era, one where parents can say and do whatever they want.  Teachers must act professionally, but parents act however they wish, with seemingly no repercussions.  The average new teacher stays within the profession for less than five years.  I don't wonder why.

Can you picture parents screaming at referees, taking sports too seriously, and being caustic at their child's games?  This same kind of caustic, negative behavior is taking place with teachers too.  Unfortunately, many teachers have more problems with parents than students.