jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Online Courses

1. jean2011 profile image80
    jean2011posted 5 years ago

Have you ever done an online course? Did you think it was fun and it was worth your while?

I did my first online course this April, and I totally had fun with my cyber classmates.

1. 60
      autumnfriendzposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have taken many online courses over the past few years and absolutely love them.  Although I love traditional classes from brick and mortar schools, I find that I am able to obtain more of the information if my attention is not diverted from someone turning pages in the book, coughing, sneezing, or any of those other small disturbances that take your focus away.  There is a lot to be said about classroom participation, this is true, but I like having the choice depending on the subject matter at hand.

2. jean2011 profile image80
    jean2011posted 5 years ago

The abundance of information that is made available to you by the clicking of a button is certainly one of the advantages of doing online courses.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

Yes, I have taken online courses and while I've certainly got a lot out of them, I did miss the interaction that you have with other students in more conventional forms of learning. For me at least, interaction with other students enhances the learning experience.

1. jean2011 profile image80
      jean2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I certainly agree with you; face-to - face classroom interaction enhances the learning experience. Maybe we could consider this to be one of the disadvantages of doing online courses.