jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think that zombies exist??

1. Sneha Sunny profile image87
    Sneha Sunnyposted 5 years ago

I mean, I've read many articles about how to kill a  zombie and such.. So do they really exist?? And if they exist then are they a disaster to humans?? Do you think a situation as shown in the movies like 28 days later, 28 weeks later and many more, can arise?? I just imagine the situation: affected people would be jumping up to my balcony, will reach my room, will try to eat me up and how I would be hiding and protecting and such!! lol.

Anyways, can anyone help me understand this thing??

2. leahlefler profile image99
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

The Hollywood version of zombies certainly doesn't exist, but the word "zombie" comes from the "nzambi" (a god of the people of Angola). The word became "zombi" in Creole and the Haitian Bokors (witch doctors) were said to create zombies as part of their voodoo practices. They used a powder which contained the puffer fish toxin and then kept the "zombies" (not really zombies, of course) in an altered state with Jimson weed. There is an ethnobiologist named Wade Davis who has studied the Haitian zombies and he has a few books about the practice (the theory is that the Haitian Bokors use the "zombies" as slave labor on sugar plantations). Davis's work has received a lot of criticism, but it is interesting to read about!

3. Sneha Sunny profile image87
    Sneha Sunnyposted 5 years ago

But maybe such viruses or bacterias or parasites may evolve who may create a situation as shown in the movies. I just hope not!! For bacterias and viruses, the process of evolution will not take millions of years like other complex creatures. They'll need only a few days. Or am I just taking it too seriously???

4. dinkan53 profile image78
    dinkan53posted 5 years ago

Holywood type Zombies, as shown through films doesn't exist, their existence is against rules of biology and human common sense. Read from lot of articles that Voodoo zombies do exist. I don't think a flesh-eating, cannibalistic zombie could exist.

5. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

"Do you think that zombies exist??"

Yes. They are called telephone solicitors.