jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How to prepare for a MBA?

1. 0
    Charlene Marianoposted 5 years ago

I graduated with Bachelor of Arts major in Mass Communications degree. I am an incoming MBA student next month. I am wondering if you can give me advise me about the necessary steps I should take for MBA?

2. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 5 years ago

I suggest reviewing the required texts for your upcoming classes.  If you don't have a schedule yet, look online at the school website to get an idea of what classes are offered.  Additionally, try to get a degree plan from your education advisor.  Highlight subjects you think might require more attention and adjust your studies accordingly.  smile

1. IJR112 profile image60
      IJR112posted 4 years ago in reply to this

The good thing is you will be in the same boat as a lot of other people.  There's always a good % of students who have no formal business schooling prior to entering into business school.  I wouldn't do much other than try to get a good idea of what career path you want to get into.  Recruiting does start pretty soon into the school year.

3. 60
    tashabrayposted 4 years ago

Congratulations on successfully making the transition to graduate school. Now the real hard work begins, compared to which college would seem like a picnic. MBA programs require students to be very proactive. You will be expected to participate actively in classroom discussions, work on project reports and assignments. Expect a lot of homework and independent study as part of your MBA program. The classes will be rigorous to say the least, so make sure you are in your best shape mentally and physically!