jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why we are here?

1. profile image0
    PhenomWriterposted 5 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5727423_f248.jpg
    This one forum post will fail, as not many people are interested in this question. But still, if one is interested, then please do not jump immediately...

[image: Philosopher in Meditation (detail) by Rembrandt]

2. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 5 years ago

I'm here because I'm not Canadian.  If I was Canadian I'd be there.  Other than that I'm clueless.  I do know life is not a contest or game.  Who ever dies with the most toys does not win.  My goal is to LIVE (in caps) and when my time comes I want to be totally used up and be able to say, "Man, that was a good life.  A life well spent."  We're here for each other.  For better or worse whatever the case may be.

3. profile image0
    PhenomWriterposted 5 years ago

I do know life is not a contest or game.  Who ever dies with the most toys does not win.

Great words!

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The "why we are here" question is moot and one that never needs to be answered on a collective level, but should be answered on an individual level. smile

5. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

There is no reason why you are here, or why I am here.

However you can make life better for yourself and others.

Life is for living, live it. There is no rhyme, reason, nor is there a lofty goal.  You are the same as a piece of dirt, a mouse, or a horse.  You exist. YOu can find a purpose in your life, but that doesn't mean we are here for a reason.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would beg to differ.
      Yes, but "how" you do it provides "why".
      Agreed, but empty if stated in that manner.
      This would be untrue.
      This would be untrue also and very limited in thinking.
      True.
      A purpose isn't found, it's created. And I'll agree with the latter portion of your statement as I've already stated there's no collective "why" we are here.

working