Is Time subjective?

1. 0
    PhenomWriterposted 4 years ago
    Is it a matter of consciousness, or else?

1. emrldphx profile image60
      emrldphxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it depends on what you define as 'time'. If you think of the universe as a 3-D movie, you can imagine freezing the universe, then stepping forward one 'frame' and so on.

In that sense, time is fixed. It is our perception of time that is subjective.

Think of it this way. You fire a gun at a soda can and film it. If you watch at normal speed, the gun fires, and almost instantly the can explodes. If you watch it in slow motion, the gun fires, you watch the bullet travel, impact the can, and the can explodes.

In each instance, the same amount of time progresses, but the perception of that progression is different.

One thing that would be very interesting would be to experience time through another's mind. It's entirely possible that extremely talented people perceive time to be progressing in more of a slow-motion than others, but there is no way to know what it is like for anyone else.

1. 0
        PhenomWriterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What if they portray that 'slow-time' experience through creativity and art?

Great answer! By the way, I heard that Einstein figured out that while traveling at the speed of light, one gets a physically 'slower' time because the Universe needs to compensate for his speed.

That is Objective Truth, and not Subjective Truth, I guess? smile

Thanks for the answer. It's nice to be around with you...  :-)