jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

The Human Body.

1. 0
    MP50posted 4 years ago

The Human Body interests the Heck out of me..........how about you?

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Most definately.  Studying this has been a pet project of mine for about 40 years, ever since I had 2 kidney infections and the doctors and hospital couldn't even tell me why.  Since then i read everything I can get my hands on.  Lately, though, information and advancements have grown exponentially and it's hard to keep up.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Poor guy seems to have lost some of his body, and not just the skin...

3. jonnycomelately profile image88
      jonnycomelatelyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

One aspect of our human body which I find so impressive, is the ability of the knee and ankle joints to withstand years of hard work, supporting half of the body mass, with such endurance.

Think of the body weight - over 200 LB in some people, yet the joints carry one regardless, self-repairing, self-lubricating.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I find the workings of the body fascinating, also!

3. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

i like parts of it

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is that MP50 in the picture of the human body?

4. olodarkwriter profile image61
    olodarkwriterposted 4 years ago

The brain is fascinating. I hate teeth and the whole elimination process. And fat storage. Why on earth do we have to have fat storage?

5. TFScientist profile image92
    TFScientistposted 4 years ago

Meh...the human body is great, but I find the cells and genes that craft make and wield it to be more interesting.

6. jonnycomelately profile image88
    jonnycomelatelyposted 4 years ago

And I bet most everyone will avoid writing about those juicy bits - the sexy and sensual ones, which you think will shock people into supposing your are not a nice person to know!   Right?

I mean it's ALL about the human body.   No more fascinating than the body of an ant, really.  Or a horse; or jelly fish!  Let you into a secret - they all do it, they all have just the right equipment, like the mouth and the anus and the oxygen exchange mechanism and a circulatory system, and a reproductive system, etc., etc.

Each bit works just perfect for the habitat and the environment which the organism finds itself in.  Every bit as amazing as each other.

The only bit we can't define, which the human has and, as far as we are aware, the others don't have, is the thinking bit.  It's not physical, so we can't measure it.  IN-finite.  Right?  We humans seem to be the only ones who can look back at our selves, and contemplate our own existence!

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We are now realizing that other animals DO think - they exhibit empathy, plan for the future and so on.

We are not unique, but only advanced.