how the law is against itself

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Shakiba Johnson profile image59
    Shakiba Johnsonposted 12 years ago

How is it that a person who is fired with prejudice able to sue those who violated them, but then a person who is violated by the law unable to sue the law? I want to share a story that is touching to my heart, but, because she is unimportant to the media it is unknown to you. My sister, Cynthia Johnson, was recently fired from her job,as a teachers assistant, because, we found out later of course, that her Identification card was used at a recycling place to dispose of a vehicle that happened to be stolen. My sister is a mother of a one year old child and has never commited any crime. After being fired, she and I investigated into the reason behind her termination and discovered a warrant was issued for her arrest. I was appalled at how this came about and how she has had to suffer for the events. An investigation was said to have taken place, however, apon our own investigation we found the truth and can prove it. Why could they not have done what was so simply obvious before placing a warrant?  How has it become that easy for innocent hard working Americans to be Violated and shamed?  We are not rich and would like to fight all involved in this. Who can we go to?  The law says, "Innocent util proven guilty", however my sister as well as Countless others have been victims to shaky police work and an even shakier system that follows. We,the people have become victims and are unaware of the dangers of a system that does not always do extensive work. You could be next!!!! I pray your are able to prove your innocense.  Peace!!!!

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Try asking a lawyer instead of trying to get information from people with no idea of what the law says.

1. f_hruz profile image59
        f_hruzposted 12 years agoin reply to this

BS - why are posting anything at all if you have no ideas?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Ask a lawyer" is an idea. And when it comes to legal questions, a pretty good one.  (Low income people can get free advice from law schools and pro bono clinics.)

2. f_hruz profile image59

Sort things out, as much as you can, on your own. Lawyers will only cost you a lot of money and may not even do all the work for which you receive the benefit of learning more about the system which obviously requires fixing. When your sister had the job, while she was working, was she a member of a union or a professional association? If she was, that's one direction for her to explore, if not, find out more about her previous position, all the people at the school, the local school board, etc. ... learn about the process of being a social change advocate and you will be able to fix a lot of problems for a lot of people in the end, not just this one for your sister ... find a few places online to help you connect with local sources so you can be part of a larger movement for social justice and human values ... don't let the system run you down!

2. Nouveau Skeptic profile image64
    Nouveau Skepticposted 12 years ago

Identity theft is a nasty thing but I don't see how you can blame "the law" for the actions of a criminal.  What is need is more law not less (e.g. correcting the error and getting her reinstated).

3. ikechiawazie profile image62
    ikechiawazieposted 12 years ago

I agree with Dave. It would be better to get an advice from a lawyer.  My heart goes to your sister as i can understand what it means to be framed up for a crime you know nothing about. However, the law cannot be blamed.

1. f_hruz profile image59

The people who implement laws without doing a proper job have to be made to face their inhuman acts ... if the system has to be fixed, offer moral support to the people who want to learn how to organize social action groups before paying out money to lawyers who may not show much interest in social change and justice for the people!

4. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

I cannot speak to the job termination but I can speak of the warrant.

She must appear in the court and be arraigned, enter a not guilty verdict and ask for a trial.  The burden of proof would be on the prosecution.  She needs to say nothing.

My one question would be, was the recycling place charged with receiving stolen property?

5. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I'm not under the impression the OP asked for any ideas or help.  I think she's horrified at seeing, up-close-and-personal, the kind of thing that can happen to innocent people sometimes; and may want to just put it out there to make more people aware of it - or else just to get a discussion about it going.

People who have seen first-hand the kind of shocking "horrors" that can happen to perfectly innocent people often want to talk about, and keep talking about, both to vent and to try to get that kind of thing out in the open.

(Or maybe I've misinterpreted her motives and she really did want help - but I don't think so.  hmm)

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I doubt we will ever see OP again, so it is more about whether we want to discuss this topic in general.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)