jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Pearl Harbor Day Dec 7th.

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Today is Pearl harbor day; a day that made history 70 years ago and some say was the first 9-11event in the US.

Many of the original survivors are too old to meet and march in a parade so they are disbanding due to age and the low numbers.

Did you have a relative that survived the bombing?
    What would the US do today is this happened again...or could it happen again with our technology?

1. Alecia Murphy profile image89
      Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't have a relative that survived the bombing but I imagine if this happened again and it very well could, that I'd hope we'd be prepared. 9/11 was a prime example that with all the intelligence and information we have that unless it's shared we still are very vulnerable.
      I think there are steps in the right direction with the national alarm system but since not everyone has access to the same forms of technology, it might be harder than we think.

1. Stacie L profile image89
        Stacie Lposted 4 years ago in reply to this

yes with all our advanced technology,9-11 still was able to occur.

The WW11 Bombing was a wake up call.
        let's not forget those who died on this day..

2. brittanytodd profile image92
      brittanytoddposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My great grandfather just passed away last year, but he lived only 100 yards away from the harbor and was a police officer at the time.  He ran out of his home when the bombings began.  He was on the cover of Life Magazine for being the officer directing traffic in the busiest intersection in the nation.  I wish he could still be here to tell his amazing stories. 

Thank you for posting about this; I haven't seen many people talking about it today.

2. Lord De Cross profile image64
    Lord De Crossposted 4 years ago

One kid of mine was born on infamous day and that means a lot to us; hope and care for this Nation. Great Hub! Stacie!