jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Do you believe in Atlantis?

1. Hui (蕙) profile image57
    Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago

In Timaeus and Critias, Plato spoke Atlantis, which was the sixth continent, located in the middle of Atlantic Ocean, and sank into the water 15,000 years ago because of a major earthquake. According to Plato, Atlantis had had highly developed social system and civilization. And for many years, some historians and archeologists have tried to prove the existence of Atlantis. For example, Dr. Velantan discovered strange construction at the sea bottom near Bahamas. So, do you believe in Atlantis?

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

I believe the Iliad and Odyssey were based in fact, for which evidence has been established. So I think there was probably was an Atlantis as well.

1. againsttheodds profile image84
      againsttheoddsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not sure if Atlantis really existed but truthfully I haven't did much reading about it.  It's nice to imagine such things though.  Modern-day Atlantis-type cities called seasteads are looking to be the future of ocean colonization.  I've written quite a few hubs regarding such ventures.

2. Hui (蕙) profile image57
      Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Whether or not the "Atlantis" was real, I believe in highly developed pre-historic civilization as well as foreign intelligence. Almost 5 billion years old Earth only holds about 5 thousand years old human history and only about 2 thousand years with written words? Kinda hard to believe. So, I would rather believe in Atlantis.

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Sure! I've been to Atlanta lots of times! Oh, wait...Atlantis? Yeah, we went there last time we went to Nassau. Awesome beach!

1. Hui (蕙) profile image57
      Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Really??? Atlantis was gone 15,000 years ago!!! For our knowledge, only Plato knew about it. If you guys went to there, it must be human-made as a scenic spot.smile

4. Little two two profile image90
    Little two twoposted 4 years ago

Yes, but whether or not it was called Atlantis is another story, I believe there are a tonne of sunken cities and villages around the world. We find record of one, we immediately have to index it, to 'put it in its place' and attach it to the first convenient 'fact' we find.

5. olodarkwriter profile image61
    olodarkwriterposted 4 years ago

6. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

No, in context I think it can be seen that Plato wrote Atlantis as an allegory--not as fact.

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
      Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am doing a large sculpture of the :Early American Man:in honor of Earnestub. Most likly the christian community will not support me on this project since Adam and EVE began in 4004 in the Middle east, yet not one person on earth dose not carries the Y DNA from out of  Africa in the beginning 200,000 years ago, which then spread worldwide.

The North American man may have been existing dating back between 15,000 and 40,000 years ago, Many theory have been described in great detail, with photos and maps, at Atlantis and the Earth's Shifting Crust. One of their main pieces of evidence is an alleged ancient Egyptian map of Atlantis, The map depicts "Atlantis" between the Americas and Africa with ruins of temples dated at 12,000 years old . I live in Belize much of time,where Mayan' culture had 30 million people existing  thousands of years ago, Today Belize population is less than 300,000

All this make sense with Earth hardship of changes from the Ice age reclaiming and destroying land. Much like our own bodies where our new cells are continuously forming and old cells are being destroyed.