jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Which is faster?

1. profile image69
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

The speed of light or the speed of dark?
    If we have dark matter is everything else light matter?
    If iron is a star killer, and the basis for life, includes iron, are we star children?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can't see dark matter moving so obviously the speed of light is faster. Yes you can call everything else light matter (but never say WHITE matter as it's a whole phenomenon that's still a possibility big_smile )
      Iron isn't a star killer it's the last stage of a star - it's not the cause of the death of a star. Obviously we are star children as all the matter on this earth is from previous starts that once existed.

1. profile image69
        logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Iron does cause the death of a star.  It stops the fusion process and ultimately the star dies.

It doesn't stop the fusion process - it's a product of the fusion process so you can't blame it for stopping the process

1. dipless profile image85
            diplessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The fusion of two nuclei with lower masses than iron (which, along with nickel, has the largest binding energy per nucleon) generally releases energy, while the fusion of nuclei heavier than iron absorbs energy. However Heavier Elements than Iron are produced in stellar nuclear fusion.

2. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Usually, the speed of light is referred to as a measurement of distance over time, not velocity.

2. maxravi profile image2
    maxraviposted 5 years ago

Power of light is always more than dark.
    in the begining dark obviously will gain but eventually light will win.

3. dipless profile image85
    diplessposted 5 years ago

The speed of light or the speed of dark?
    - There is no such thing as a speed of dark as dark just means an absence of light.

If we have dark matter is everything else light matter?
    - No Dark matter interacts with regular matter in a very weak way and has been inferred to exist by the fact that galaxies are rotating faster than they should be for the amount of normal(visable) matter in them.
    But just fyi everything else is just matter

If iron is a star killer, and the basis for life, includes iron, are we star children?
    Every atom in your body, in factevery atom everywhere was created at one point in history within a star, by nuclear fusion. So yes we are in a way made of star dust.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

oh my good, these are the reasons why I shifted to socio and anthro when I was in college. I can't grasp these terms...light, dark, atoms. I am just happy to be a charm quark.

Prettydarkhorse - lol I love these things

working