jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Birth Order Dynamics Within Families

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

The subject of birth order is such a fascinating one.  Kevin Leman is the modern birth order expert.   The oldest/only children are usually the more mature, ambitious, and intelligent ones because they interacted with adults earlier in their lives.   The middle child is the overlooked and forgotten one in their families.    They are not considered as individual but as someone's older/younger sibling.  Well, the youngest- is just that- the pampered baby who gets away with murder!   In your opinion, what is the favorite and most maligned of birth orders!

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm the youngest and I disagree totally with each and everyone of the points.
      But, its interesting to note that many families are the opposite -Hmm cool

2. Little two two profile image90
      Little two twoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like statistics from the 1950's when families were two parent families, with 2.5 kids, all living in the same household with the white picket fence, all a neat and tidy package. There are so many variables that form a child's personality, I find these generalizations of character to be more limiting for growth than anything.

Happy Holidays to you and yours..

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I find that interesting and completely unrelated to me or my family. I am not an only child nor am I a middle child.

gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Then what birth order are you?  By the way, Merry Christmas Cagsil!

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Gmwilliams, I certainly hope you have a great holiday season and be safe. smile

Birth order of my family is that I'm the second child of two. Therefore, I'm not the oldest nor am I the middle, nor am I an only child. I am the youngest, but I'm not compared to my other sibling, nor am I less intelligent than the older sibling. It's quite the opposite. wink

gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The precious baby.  Now I gotcha!  Heeee(laughing malnovently).  Not to digress.  I love people and their psychosociological makings and that is why I love HubPages so much.   Again, Happy Felicitations!

1. Cagsil profile image59
            Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

cool smile big_smile

working