Life!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Sky9106 profile image64
    Sky9106posted 12 years ago

What do you think is the most truthful advise you can give to a fellow human being if he comes to you with this question : Is it better to learn to live or live to learn?
    What's your reason for the answer you choose?

1. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Learn to be a genuine human being and share it with others. That's the best I can do.

Sky9106posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for the length of time, I took to reply this is my first notice. Thank for answering mischeviousme. That a great answer, so that was learn to live correct?

1. mischeviousme profile image61
          mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Learn to be in the now with everyone else and to share yourself with them. It is about learning to carry themselve's with respect toward others and toward life itself. In not so many words, yes.

2. AshtonFirefly profile image70
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How can you learn to live if you have not lived and learned from that living? hmm I think both are therefore dependent upon each other.

Imagine Ashton it';s 8:45 Sunday morning and I am only now getting this answer in my inbox.

Great Sunday to you.

3. Sky9106 profile image64

How ya doing there  Ashton? Thanks for answering. I think you are definitely seeing , why it could temptingly go either way . It's a tricky question. You are correct that one must be living to learn anything , so when looking at the graduation process , like we love to say going into life , leaving home and parental advice, that's where I am actually asking this question from.
      Like I can't ask the children that question , I believe like and all other things shall be added , you will invite all those things after going into life.
      Think that says it.

4. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You cannot learn how to live as you are all ready living. Live to learn because without a drive, without a passion for knowledge or experience, you will simply be ignorant of what you even are.

Somehow I think I responded to this already , but , it just arrived. But those early years , and if not the early how many long after that one needs , because you will only be following some one else , you start the real deal when you find what you are , your true reason for existence.

Bless , thanks.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Learn to live is a somewhat lackadaisical approach. Live to learn is going all the way. I adopted the latter many years ago.
    Why do something halfway? Or maybe you have to live to learn to
    learn to live.

lol I can't stop laughing knoly , live to learn to
      learn to live. So you are on to something here but what you have been taught , is what sets you off in some type of direction , and that's where the question comes from . That don't mean your answer is in a other direction , that's why I ask .
      As I was guided my answer is live to learn, because of that what we should be sent off with from home. Thanks.
      t

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

The Most Truthful Advice...

Learn to Live Passionately!

In that way each moment of your life can have meaning!
    Life with purpose is the foundation to every living reason and required for the understanding of every living thing!

There is Nothing lackadaisical about that approach!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i like your response PD

2. Sky9106 profile image64

And thank you someway, I think you are definitely unto something ,but I guess I am maybe looking at it just the way it came to me only? But I thrust that source it's my inner belief  I stayed with it for sometime.
      I love the way you use passionately , because that where to true love for living comes in and with that passion one can explain why that passion
      and energy for that specific way of living. You must have the passion.
      Now is that a definite , learn to live? When one learns to live there are no excuses for that life.
      Thanks for your answer.

4. Night Magic profile image61
    Night Magicposted 12 years ago

I'd say live to learn.  Find the things that make you happiest in life.  There's way to much stress in people's lives.

What if you had got that hint from home growing up ? Taking nothing away from your answer , well appreciated , that's the purpose of the question. and I thank you.

5. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Hi Sky,

I say if one learns to live they will automatically live to learn. Learning to live is most vital to a person's well being and happiness and then all things will follow.

There are different ways one can learn to live:

(1) How to make the most of life
    (2) How to survive hard times
    (3) How to love yourself
    (3) How to live for today

I can do no other than to be gratefully thankful for somewhat of an addition to my  what , well it's not even what I believe, writing my immediate thoughts also , but just a way that seems to come to me and I must share in the form of a question, so we are on the same page . I also know it would be sort of tricky which will add fun. Yeah , I am thinking when leaving home , don't leave without. 
      See why one can miss another on the page?
      Bless.

6. rlaha profile image60
    rlahaposted 12 years ago

One should live to learn and learn to live.  Does that make any sense?

you are so cute rlaha , that's why I know you will be fine . after reading your profile for the first time, I said you would be fine , am saying it again. This time you made me laugh for asking if this makes , once you say it it made sense to you , so the answer is an astounding yes.
      Your answer is correct and I believe that comes automatically with all life forms, then it's their time to show what they have learned and Incorporate ways which is learn while on the way to that direction you are already heading. That why I go after the kids so Earnestly . Because the earlier you find that direction, life's a blessing that it was always meant to be.

Great to see you rliha. Love the mane I spell it incorrect the very first time.

1. rlaha profile image60
        rlahaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sky smile.  Well, to me that sentence makes sense, but to others they may be confused.  I am trying to use that philosophy throughout my life. Life is a blessing.  After surviving through thyroid cancer, I am blessed to be living my life as I think it should be lived smile.

Continued blessing and it's quite simple now , unconditionally true to yourself,and give thanks.That's the answer.

1. rlaha profile image60
            rlahaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile.

7. roshall profile image80
    roshallposted 12 years ago

You have to live and learn.life is good if you have your priorities in order. Love life for what you can share with others and give what makes you happy. Young men today need so much guidance that they fall thru the cracks of society and and thru the hands of parents.

Yes they do so quite frequently , one because there is no tradition for them to follow and then , the attitude like what parents these days tend to adopt to have kids being the parent.
      Roles have voluntarily been changed. There is still a chance on the individual level
      Thanks..

8. always exploring profile image76
    always exploringposted 12 years ago

I think i like the idea of living to learn better. I love to learn new things.

Great to see you over this side "AE" and you have that God given right to do do , like I said to many of those who commented it a tricky question that could easily go both ways and though I may have ten million points , in the end it will be relative and to each his/her own.
      Just about every place I visited throughout my life , I asked this question. Which came first the chicken or the egg?
      I met that question here but I have my belief but I will never get into any argument about it .
      It's because I also have a theory on this subject I check to see what you think dear "AE" and now I know. lol.
      .Blessings.

I am only now getting comments to some things that was there so long , on other post on this forum I don't get and notices.

9. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 12 years ago

To be honest it totally depends on your personality type and what you are passionate about and whilst I love self development, learning and education, I would still say for me i'd say

"Learn to Live"

by doing so you will focus on what is important to you and will in essence be happier and more fulfilled.

We stand on those grounds together , being on the correct side will forever remain relative. It's always to share and also hear what others have to say after , who wants to be the only one that's correct in anything.
      Thanks.

10. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Despite having a PhD and being a researcher, I would lean more to: 'live to be happy and to make others happy'. Learning just happens to be what makes me happy.

That will aid in making my day feel better with one assurance in tact, that someone else understand the path, once you have understood these principles, all you acquired will feel much more rewarding. In this physical life your own self will always prove to be your worst nightmare, and that was not designed to be so . But people have put themselves in that bind , I have seen it over and over . So if I may I say to you with sincerity.
      To thyne own self be true.
      Thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)