jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

favorite/least favorite word

1. 0
    Deb Welchposted 4 years ago

{Please - do not be vulgar}.

Within the English language we have a myriad of nouns,
    adjectives, or adverbs that describe how we feel.  Ideas
    and pictures are conjured up by just a single word.

My favorite is:  WALKING - Getting exercise, fresh air as I usually walk outside not
    within a Mall,for instance,as many people do and the Walk Itself almost always brings a
    better frame of mind.
    Least favorite:  POISON -  Right away I think of Food poisoning,poison snakes,frogs,spiders, toxic poisons; or a person's life and mind being posioned - not a good thing.

Note: Concept came from, The Daily Spark/2006

1. Shinkicker profile image90
      Shinkickerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Favourite word is 'esoteric'

Least favourite is 'Awesome'

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Money vs debt

Love vs hate

Confidence vs fear

Joy vs sorrow

3. LailaK profile image80
    LailaKposted 4 years ago

My favorite word is preposterous-which means rediculous and silly. I don't know why I like this word in particular,but it makes me feel more sophisticated since not many people use it.

My least favorite words are stupid and ugly. I really dislike using them and hearing them being said to someone. I have always felt scared from such usage of words.

4. pstraubie48 profile image88
    pstraubie48posted 4 years ago

my favorite word is patient...to me it suggests calm and inner peace...my least favorite is lie....i much prefer that someone tell me straight out what they think rather than say ...o, yes, that is lovely, when they hate it....there are ways to tell the truth that are not hurtful...but lies open up so much hate and disconntent....

5. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago

Poo is my favorite word, insurance is my least favorite.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

peace vs sin

7. Nettlemere profile image93
    Nettlemereposted 4 years ago

My favourite word is murmuration - which is the word used to describe those huge autumn flocks of starlings which ebb and flow in mesmeric patterns before flying down to roost at night. I love the fact that the sound of the word matches the sound of a million pairs of starling wings beating.
    An unfavourite word is statistics because I have to take a run at it to say it and usually end up stuttering. Plus no-one wants to end up as one of the statistics.

8. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I love the sound and meaning of serendipity.

Least favorite.. snot     neutral